Military & Veterans Programs
The Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center School of Nursing recognizes the tremendous contributions military and veteran nursing students bring to our undergraduate and graduate programs. We are dedicated to providing active-duty and veteran nursing students with a seamless transition into academic life and delivering educational opportunities to help them grow professionally and personally. The School of Nursing strives to offer exceptional support and service to those who have served their country.
Michael L. Evans, PhD, RN, FAAN
Dean and Professor
Prospective Military & Veteran Nursing Students
Prior to Discharge
The Department of Defense (DOD) recommends that you start your planning at least 12 months prior to separation, and 24 months prior to retirement, from active duty. The DOD's Transition Assistance Program (TAP) is a vital resource to ensure that your separation/retirement choices are truly in your, and your family's, best interests.
- Apply to the Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center School of Nursing
- Visit Financial Aid to learn more about grants, loans, scholarships and the FASFA form
- Review the Veterans Educational Benefits section to review Federal, State and University educational benefits requirements.
- Contact a Student Affairs Coordinator to learn more about the application and enrollment process
- Chapter Information
For specific information on each chapter visit The GI Bill ® Web Site
- Chapter 30 Montgomery GI Bill – Active Duty Educational Assistance Program
- Chapter 31 Vocational Rehabilitation
- Chapter 32 Veterans Education Assistance Program
- Chapter 33 Post 9/11 Veteran’s Educational Assistance Act of 2008
- Chapter 35 Dependent’s Educational Assistance Program
- Chapter 1606 Montgomery GI Bill – Selected Reserve Educational Assistance Program
- Chapter 1607 Reserve Educational Assistance Program
- Rate Tables
- State-Hazelwood Act
- Official Rules and Applications