Second Degree BSN Undergraduate Program
All applicants will be reviewed in an individual and holistic manner. No single factor will determine a student's admission.
Although academic criteria (cumulative GPA, grades earned in science courses, and failed/repeated courses) is an important factor in admission consideration, additional non-academic information is also important.
Applications not meeting the minimum admission requirements will not be reviewed.
In compliance with TTUHSC policy, all applicants who have received offers of admission will be required to consent to a criminal background check before being allowed to matriculate. A history of criminal conduct or convictions may result in withdrawal of the admission offer. See the “Criminal Background Checks” section of the SON Student Handbook for the SON policy. The Health Sciences Center policy may be found at HSC OP 10.20. No student will be allowed to matriculate into the program without completing and receiving clearance from the Texas Board of Nursing with either a BON Blue Card or a Declaratory Order with No Stipulations. The cost for a criminal background check(s) is the responsibility of the student.
Note: International students with F1 and F2 status are not eligible to apply to an online program.
|Academic Admission Considerations||Non-Academic Admission Considerations|
† Preference given if submitted at the time of application
The TEAS measures basic essential skills in the academic content areas for Reading, Mathematics, Science and English and Language Usage. The objectives assessed on the TEAS exams are those which nurse educators deemed most appropriate and relevant to measure entry-level academic readiness of nursing program applicants.
Completion of the TEAS (Test of Essential Academic Skills) V exam with a minimal proficiency level in all the following areas: Reading, Math, Science and English & Language Usage
For information on testing locations and availability to schedule an exam, you may do one of the following:
- Visit the ATI website at ATItesting.com
- Contact ATI at (800) 667-7531
- Perform an internet search for "TEAS test sites"
Applicants in the Lubbock area may contact the TTU Academic Testing Center on the Texas Tech Campus, to schedule an exam time.
Exam must be taken no more than one year prior to application submission; scores that are older than 1 year will not be accepted.
Creating an account
- All individuals preparing to take the TEAS test must first create an ATI account to do so, visit atitesting.com and click "Create an Account" (follow the screen prompts). You will only need to register once, and you will use the same account throughout your nursing program. You'll need your ATI username and password to take an online test, or your ATI paper/pencil ID to take a paper/pencil test. Please take this information with you to the testing location when you go to take the TEAS test.
- When searching for your institution, it will show as: Tx Tech U 2nd Degree
- For more information about required TEAS scores, Click Here