Second Degree BSN Undergraduate Program
Although the Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (TTUHSC) is part of the Texas Tech University System, legally it is a separate institution from Texas Tech University. Therefore, students applying to the TTUHSC School of Nursing must submit all documents required for admission consideration directly to the TTUHSC School of Nursing.
The following are required by the application close date:
- A submitted application
- TEAS V - overall score of proficient level or above
- One page resume
- Official transcripts from all colleges attended (foreign transcripts must be evaluated by a credentialing service). Mail to Marylin Taylor or Kayla Talbott at the address listed here.
- Completion of 3 of the 5 sciences
- A minimum overall and science GPA of a 3.0
- A TOEFL score if that applies to you. For more information, see our School Catalog regarding Test of English as a Foreign Language
- Answer to the question, have you ever been enrolled in a prior RN School? If yes, additional information is required
- Completion of a CNA is recommended by application close date and required by program start date
Abilene, Amarillo, Lubbock and Odessa prospective students
Apply March 25 — May 25 to begin classes in August for Fall
Austin and Hill Country prospective students
Apply August 1 — October 1 to begin classes in January for Spring
Applicants interested in applying for financial aid (student loans, grants, scholarships) upon admittance to the School of Nursing must complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/. The School of Nursing requires a FAFSA on file to be eligible for scholarships offered by the school.
Additional information can be found at the Financial Aid Office website www.ttuhsc.edu/financialaid/. Fabian Vasquez, Senior Financial Aid Advisor can be reached at 806-743-3025 or Fabian.Vasquez@ttuhsc.edu.
The School of Nursing application process is online. Click here for application access