Iota Mu Chapter of Sigma Theta Tau International
Welcome to the Iota Mu Chapter Home Page, Celebrating 25 Years as a Chapter! We are part of Region 3 of Sigma Theta Tau International and we are located at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center School of Nursing.
- Dr. Ruth Ann Bridges, Dr. Kelly Moseley, Dr. Carol Boswell, Dr. Sharon Cannon (left to right) at the 39th annual Professional Nurse Educators Group in Philadelphia
- Dr. Ruth Ann Bridges presented a poster at the 39th annual Professional Nurse Educators Group in Philadelphia on Clinical Coaching
As part of Sigma Theta Tau International — Iota Mu Chapter you will join an international community of 260,000 nurses who share scholarly success, clinical experiences and personal integrity through a network of chapters located on nearly 400 college and university campuses. Members put themselves and the nursing profession at the forefront of health care. Together, our members serve as potent agents and catalysts for change throughout the world.
Monthly Board Meeting
LCU Nursing Building
11:30 - 1:00
Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org if you want lunch
Strategic Goals for 2012-2013
- Sponsor a new chapter at Angelo State University
- Establish a chapter consortium in West Texas
- Celebrate 25 years as a chapter in 2013
- Form an international alliance with Silliman University in the Philippines
- Increase involvement within the local community
Officers and Committee Chairs 2012-2013
This group comprises the Iota Mu Board Members
|President||Ruth Ann Bridges||(806) 743-2730 ext. 232|
|Vice President (Lubbock)||Cindy Ford||(806) 720-7676|
|Secretary||Laura Opton||(806) 743-2730|
|Treasurer||Mary Madeline Rogge||(806) 743-2730|
|First Counselor/Eligibility||Pat Francis Johnson||(806) 743-2730|
|Secondary Counselor/Eligibility||Tiffani Wise||(806) 743-2730|
|Governance||Bibha Gautam||(806) 743-2730|
|Leadership Succession Chairman||JoAnn Long||(806) 720-7678|
|Succession Committee||Terry Hill||(806) 725-8903|
We are learners and mentors.
We are leaders and scholars.
We are researchers and clinicians.
We are the healing heart and certain hope.
We are nurses.
- For information about membership, visit Membership Criteria
Benefits of Membership
- Professional affiliation
- Networking opportunities
- Continuing education
- Access to nursing research
- Career growth opportunities
- Professional publications
- Research grants and scholarships
- Awards and recognition of excellence
Elizabeth (Hanslik) Montalvo Scholarship
Sigma Theta Tau International Iota Mu Chapter is proud to announce the creation of a scholarship endowment in December of 2010 to fund the, Sigma Theta Tau International Iota Mu / Elizabeth (Hanslik) Montalvo Scholarship. The scholarship endowment will support several nursing leaders each year in scholarly endeavors.
Thank you to the Hanslik Family for your generous donation and thank you to the TTUHSC Office of Development for facilitating the creation of the endowment.
For more information or to get involved, contact:
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center School of Nursing
Attention: Iota Mu Chapter President
3601 4th Street
Lubbock, Texas 79430
Ruth Ann Bridges
Office: 806.743.2730 x232