Student Success Program
The purpose of the Success Program is to assist every student in learning how to achieve success, which is identified (at a minimum) as remaining in nursing school and graduating on time. The services Retention Counselors offer include, but are not limited to, guidance to:
- Assess learning needs
- Identify obstacles to learning
- Assist in learning new skills, such as:
- Test-taking skills
- Improved study skills
- Time management skills
- Coping strategies to address mild situational anxieties
- Introduce new resources, such as ATI, NCLEX review books, quality nursing websites and other learning tools
- Review of exams and NCLEX questions
- Provide a sounding board for balancing the pressures of nursing school
- Referrals for:
- Peer tutors
- Professional counseling services
- Student Services for ADA testing/accommodations
- Department Chair or Student Services for advice on scholarships and financial aid
- Success sessions with a Retention Counselor may be done by scheduling appointments on an "as needed" basis or on a schedule that works for you.
- Success sessions may be done individually or in groups (either large or small).
- Students may self-refer to the Success Program or may be referred by one of their nursing professors.
- More information and tips on being successful in a nursing program are available under the resources tab.