||Research Assistant Professor
||Dr. Wang joined the Pharmaceutical Sciences Faculty in 2010. She Received her M.D. (Honors) from Changzhi Medical College and M.Sc. in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology from Xi’an Institute of Physical Education. Her post-doctoral research was in the department of surgery, Cancer Hospital, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Peking Union Medical College in Beijing. Dr. Wang’s research currently focuses on novel cancer prevention and therapies.
M.D. (Honors), Changzhi Medical College, 1999.
Resident, Department of Endocrinology, Affiliated Teaching Hospital, Changzhi Medical College, 2000-2003.
M.Sc., Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Xi’an Institute of Physical Education, 2003.
Post Doc, Department of Surgery, Cancer Hospital, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Peking Union Medical College, 2004.
Cancer research, biochemistry, molecular biology, animal physiology and pharmacology, molecular endocrinology and metabolism, hypoxia apoptosis, cancer chemotherapy, antisense therapy and gene silencing, regulation of oncogene and tumor suppressor gene, disease model, pharmaceutical sciences, preclinical and clinical drug development, translational research/clinical trials.
- Wang W, Taurine and Cardiovascular Diseases. Journal of Changzhi Medical College 2002; 16 (2): 158-160. (Article in Chinese)
- Lei Z, LI X, Yi M, Wang W, Jiang T, and Wang L: Reports on the Effects of Interval Hypoxic Training on Oxygenic Metabolism in Athletes. 2002. (Article in Chinese)
- Wang W, Experimental Studies of Effects of Interval Hypoxic Training on Cardio-Oxygenic Metabolism and Mitochondrial Membrane Function in Rats. M.Sc. Thesis, 2003. (Article in Chinese)
- Wang W,and Lei Z: Experimental Studies of Effects of Interval Hypoxic Training on Brain Mitochondrial Function in Rats. Journal of Beijing University of Physical Education. 2003; 26, 98. (Article in Chinese)
- Lei Z, Wang W, Wang Y, Jiang T, Yie M and Wang L: Effects of Interval Hypoxic Training on Cardio-metry in Rats. Chinese Journal of Sports Medicine. 2004; 23(1)90-93. (Article in Chinese)
- Zhang S, Shao K, Zhang CY, Zhou F, Wang W, Xiong MH, He J: Analysis of suppressive role of RASSF1A gene at 3p21.3 in lung cancer cell line A549.Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi. (Chinese Journal of Medicine) 2005; 85(13):908-911. (Article in Chinese)
- Rayburn E, Wang W, Zhang R, and Wang H. Antisense approaches in drug discovery and development. Prog Drug Res. 2005; 63:227-274
- Wang H, Rayburn E, Wang W, Kandimalla ER, Agrawal S, Zhang R. Chemotherapy and chemosensitization of non-small cell lung cancer with a novel immunomodulatory oligonucleotide targeting Toll-like receptor 9. Mol Cancer Ther 2006;5(6):1585-1592
- Rayburn E, Wang W, Zhang Z, Li M, Zhang R, Wang H. Experiment therapy of prostate cancer with an immunomodulatory oligonucleotide: effects on tumor growth, apoptosis, proliferation and potentiation of chemotherapy. Prostate 2006; 66(15):1653-1663
- LaCasse EC, Cherton-Horvat GG, Hewitt KE, Jerome LJ, Morris SJ, Kandimalla ER, Yu D, Wang H, Wang W, Zhang R, Agrawal S, Gillard JW, Durkin JP. Preclinical characterization of AEG35156/GEM640, a second generation antisense oligonucleotide targeting X-Linked inhibitor of apoptosis. Clin Cancer Res. 2006; 12(17):5231-5241
- Wang H, Rayburn E, Wang W, Kandimalla ER, Agrawal S, Zhang R. Immunomodulatory oligonucleotides as novel therapy for breast cancer: pharmacokinetics, in vitro and in vivo anti-cancer activity and potentiation of antibody therapy. Mol Cancer Ther 2006;5(8):2106-2114
- Wang W, Zhao Y, Rayburn E, Hill D, Wang H, Zhang R. In Vitro Anti-cancer activity and structure-activity relationships of natural products isolated from fruits of Panax ginseng. Cancer Chemother Pharm 2007;59:589-601
- Zhao Y*, Wang W,*, Han L. Rayburn E, Hill D, Wang H, Zhang R. Isolation, structural determination, and evaluation of the biological activity of 20(S)-25-methoxyl-dammarane-3ß, 12ß, 20-triol [20(S)-25-OCH3-PPD], a novel natural product from Panax Notoginseng. Med Chem 2007; Jan; 3(1)(*co-first author)
- Chen D, Zhang Z, Li M, Wang W, Li Y, Rayburn E, Hill DL, Wang H, Zhang R. Ribosomal protein S7 as a novel modulator of p53-MDM2 interaction: binding to MDM2, stabilization of p53 protein, and activation of p53 function. Oncogene 2007 Aug 2; 26 (35):5029-37.
- Saif MW, Sellers S, Li M, Wang W, Cusimano L, Wang H, Zhang R. A Phase I Study of Bi-weekly administration of 24-hr Gemcitabine followed by 24-hr Irinotecan in patients with solid tumors. Cancer Chemother Pharmacol. 2007 Nov;60(6):871-82
- Rayburn E*, Wang W,*, Zhang R, Wang H. Experimental therapy for colon cancer: Anti-cancer effects of TLR9 agonism, combination with other therapeutic modalities, and dependence upon p53. Int J Oncol. 2007; 30(6):1511-1519. (*co-first author)
- Wang W, Wang H, Rayburn ER, ZhaoY, Hill DL, Zhang R. 20(S)-25-methoxyl-dammarane-3ß, 12ß, 20-triol, a novel natural product anticancer agent for prostate cancer: in vitro and in vivo activity, chemosensitization, radiosensitization, and mechanism of action .British Journal of Cancer,2008; 98(4):792-802
- Wang W, Zhao Y, Rayburn E, Hill D, Zhang R, Wang H. Experimental therapy of prostate cancer with novel natural product anti-cancer ginsenosides. Prostate. 2008;68(8):809-819
- Wang W, Rayburn E, Hang J, Zhao Y, Wang H, Zhang R. Anti-lung cancer effects of novel ginsenoside 25-OCH3-PPD. Lung Cancer 2009 Sep;65(3):306-11.
- Wang W, Rayburn E, Zhao Y, Wang H, Zhang R. Novel Ginsenosides 25-OH-PPD and 25-OCH3-PPD as Experimental Therapy for Pancreatic Cancer: Anticancer Activity and Mechanisms of Action. Cancer Letters 2009 Jun 18;278(2):241-8
- Wang W, Rayburn E, Velu S, Nadkarni D, Murugesan S, Ruiwen Zhang. In Vitro and In Vivo Anti-cancer Activity of Novel Synthetic Makaluvamine Analogs. Clin Cancer Res. 2009 May 15;15(10):3511-8
- Nadkarni D*,Wang F*, Wang W,*, Rayburn E, Ezell S, Murugesan S, Velu S, Zhang R. Synthesis and In Vitro Anti-Lung Cancer Activity of Novel 1, 3, 4, 8-Tetrahydropyrrolo [4, 3, 2-de]quinolin-8(1H)-one Alkaloid Analogs. Med Chem (*co-first author) 2009 May;5(3):227-36
- Wang F, Ezell S, Zhang Y, Wang W, Rayburn E, Nadkarni D, Murugesan S, Velu S, Zhang R. FBA-TPQ, a novel marine-derived compound as experimental therapy for prostate cancer. Invest New Drugs. 2010 Jun;28(3):234-41
- Wang W, Rayburn ER, Velu SE, Chen D, Nadkarni DH, Murugesan S, Chen D, Zhang R. A novel synthetic iminoquinone, BA-TPQ, as an anti-breast cancer agent: in vitro and in vivo activity and mechanisms of action. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2010 Sep;123(2):321-31.
- Ezell1 SJ, Li H, Xu H, Gurpinar E, Zhang X, Rayburn ER, Sommers CI, Yang X, Velu SE, Wang W, Zhang R. Preclinical Pharmacology of BA-TPQ, a Novel Synthetic Iminoquinone Anticancer Agent, Marine Drugs. 2010 Jul 13;8(7):2129-41.
- Li H, Ezell1 SJ, Wang W, Xu H, Rayburn ER, Zhang X, Gurpinar E, Yang X, Sommers CI, Velu SE, Zhang R. Development and validation of a HPLC method for quantitation of BA-TPQ, a novel iminoquinone anticancer agent, and an initial pharmacokinetic study in mice. Biomedical Chromatography . 2010 Sep 15. [Epub ahead of print]
- Hao M*, Wang W,*, Zhao Y, Zhang R, Wang H, Pharmacokinetics and tissue distribution of 25-hydroxyprotopanaxadiol, an anti-cancer compound isolated from Panax ginseng, in athymic mice bearing xenografts of human pancreatic tumors. European Journal of Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics.2011Jan 35(3-4): 109-13
- Chen T, XuY, GuoH, LiuY, Hu P, Yang X, Li X, Ge S, Velu S, Nadkami D, Rayburn E, Wang W, Zhang R, Wang H. Experimental therapy of ovarian cancer with synthetic Makaluvamine Analog: In vitro and in vivo anticancer activity and molecular mechanisms of action. Plos One. (accepted)
- Rayburn ER*, Wang W,*, Li M, Li L, Xu H, Zhang X, Zhang X , Yang X, Gurpinar E, Wang H, Van Meir EG, Zhang R, Preclinical pharmacology of KCN1, a novel HIF-1a pathway inhibitor. Cancer Chemother Pharmacol. (Submitted)