||Senior Research Assistant
||Ramakrishna Samala received his B.S. in Pharmacy from Kakatiya University in 2000 and completed Kakatiya’s M.S. in Pharmacy program in 2006. He earned his Ph.D. from the Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences in the fall of 2011. He works in Dr. Quentin Smith’s lab.
Post-Doc, Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, TTUHSC, (2011-2012)
Ph.D., Pharmaceutical Sciences, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, School of Pharmacy (2011)
M.S. Pharmacy, Kakatiya University (2006)
B.S. Pharmacy, Kakatiya University (2000)
10/17/11 "Vinorelbine Distribution to Brain Metastases of Breast Cancer and Factors Limiting in vivo Efficacy"
- Samala R, Willis S, Borges K. Anticonvulsant profile of a balanced ketogenic diet in acute mouse seizure models. Epilepsy Res. 2008 Oct;81(2-3):119-27. Epub 2008 Jun 18.
- Willis S, Samala R., Rosenberger T, Borges K. Eicosapentaenoic and docosahexaenoic acids are not anticonvulsant or neuroprotective in acute mouse seizure models. Epilepsia. 2009 Jan;50(1):138-42. Epub 2008 Jul 14.
- Samala R, Klein J, Borges K. The ketogenic diet changes metabolite levels in hippocampal extracellular fluid. Neurochem Int. 2011 Jan;58(1):5-8. Epub 2010 Nov 9.
- Taskar KS, Rudraraju V, Mittapalli RK, Samala R, Thorsheim HR, Lockman J, Gril B, Hua E, Palmieri D, Polli JW, Castellino S, Rubin SD, Lockman PR, Steeg PS, Smith QR. Lapatinib Distribution in HER2 Overexpressing Experimental Brain Metastases of Breast Cancer. Pharm Res. 2011 Oct 20. [Epub ahead of print]
- K. Borges, S. Seth-Willis, R. Samala. Characterization of the ketogenic diet in mice. Society for Neuroscience, San Diego, CA. 2007
- Ramakrishna Samala, Sarah Willis and Karin Borges. Anticonvulsant profile of a balanced ketogenic diet in mice. International Symposium on Dietary Therapies for Epilepsy and Other Neurological Disorders, Phoenix, AZ, 4/2008.
- Sarah Willis, R.K. Samala, K. Borges. Differences in energy metabolism in a chronic epilepsy mouse model? Research Days, TTUHSC Amarillo, 6/2008
- R.K. Samala, Sarah Willis, Karin Borges, Characterization of the Ketogenic Diet in mice. Research Days, TTUHSC Amarillo, 6/2008
- S. Willis, R.K. Samala, Thad Rosenberger, Karin Borges. Lack of anticonvulsant and neuroprotective effects of eicosapentanoic docosahexanoic acid in mice. Society for Neuroscience, Wash, DC. 11/2008
- K. Borges, S. Willis, R. Samala. Brain Metabolic Changes in Mice on the Ketogenic Diet. American Epilepsy Society Annual Meeting, Seattle, WA, 12/2008
- Ramakrishna Samala, Kunal Taskar, Vinay Rudraraju, Kaci Bohn, Rajendar Mittapalli, Amanda Roberts, Helen Thorsheim, Paul Lockman and Quentin Smith. Free Drug Concentration in Metastatic Brain Tumors. Research Days, TTUHSC SOP Amarillo. 6/10
- Ramakrishna Samala, Kunal Taskar, Vinay Rudraraju, Kaci Bohn, Rajendar Mittapalli, Helen Thorsheim, Paul Lockman and Quentin R. Smith. Free Drug Concentrations in Metastatic Brain Tumors. AAPS, New Orleans. 11/10
- Ramakrishna Samala, Vinay Rudraraju, Kunal Taskar and Quentin R. Smith. Critical Role of Multidrug Resistance Protein-7 (ABCC10) at the Blood-Brain Barrier in Limiting Brain Distribution of Vinorelbine and Doxorubicin. Tenth Annual Research Days, Amarillo. 6/11
- Ramakrishna Samala, Kunal Taskar, Vinay Rudraraju, Helen Thorsheim, Paul R. Lockman and Quentin R. Smith. Free Drug Concentration in Metastatic Brain Tumors. Tenth Annual Research Days, Amarillo. 6/11
- "Effect of Ketogenic Diet on Brain Extracellular Fluid Composition" 5/7/07
- "Characterization of the ketogenic diet in acute epilepsy mouse models" 4/21/08
- "The Ketogenic Diet in Mice and its Effect on Brain Extracellular Fluid Composition" 3/2/09
- "Novel Methods to Estimate Active Drug Concentration in Brain Tumors and Correlate with Activity in-vitro" 3/31/10
- Graduate Student Association at Amarillo Travel Award. 2009