Faculty & Staff Details
|Name:||Claudia Meek, Ph.D.|
|Position:||Assistant Professor, Clinical Research & Sciences Division, Dallas SW|
|Bio||Claudia Meek is a Research Assistant Professor at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center. She conducts research at the Pediatric Pharmacology Research & Development Center in collaboration with University of Texas Southwestern and Children’s Medical Center. In June of 1999, she received the degree of Bachelor of Science in Biochemical Engineering from the National Polytechnic Institute, Mexico City. She then enrolled in the Graduate School of The University of Texas at Dallas where she received the Master of Science and Doctor of Philosophy degree in Chemistry
Ph.D. in Chemistry, University of Texas at Dallas, December 2005
Master of Science in Chemistry, University of Texas at Dallas, December 2001
Bachelor of Science in Biochemical Engineering
National Polytechnic Institute, Mexico City, June 1999
2001- Member, American Chemical Society
2007- Member, American Society for Mass Spectrometry
2006- 2007 Member, American Association of Pharmaceutical Scientist
PUBLICATIONS AND PATENTS
• Tagliabue C, Techasaensiri C, Torres, JP, Katz K, Meek C, Kannan TR, Coalson JJ, Esposito S, Principi N, Leff R, Baseman JB, Hardy RD. Efficacy of Increasing Dosages of Clarithromycin for Treatment of Experimental Mycoplasma pneumoniae Pneumonia. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. Submitted, 2010.
• Feld JJ, Lutzman GA, Heller T, Hara K, Pfeiffer JK, Leff RD, Meek C, Rivera M, Ko M, Koh C, Rotman Y, Ghany MG, Haynes-Williams V, Neumann AU, Liang J, Hoofnagle JH. The effect of ribavirin on early viral kinetics in chronic hepatitis C infection: Clues to the mechanism of action. Gastroenterol. 139:154-62, 2010.
• Deshpande D, Srivastava S, Meek C, Leff R, Hall G S, and Gumbo T. Moxifloxacin Pharmacokinetics/Pharmacodynamics and optimal dose and susceptibility breakpoint identification for the treatment of disseminated mycobacterium avium Infection. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 54:1728-33, 2010.
• Srivastava S, Musuka S, Sherman C, Meek C, Leff R, Gumbo T. Efflux-Pump Derived Multiple Drug Resistance to Ethambutol Monotherapy in Mycobacterium tuberculosis and Ethambutol Pharmacokinetics-Pharmacodynamics. J Inf Dis. 201:1225-1231, 2010.
• Deshpande D, Srivastava S, Meek C, Leff R, Gumbo T. Ethambutol Optimal Clinical Dose and Susceptibility Breakpoint Identification By Use of A Novel Pharmacokinetic-Pharmacodynamic Model of Disseminated Intracellular Mycobacterium avium. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 54:1728-33, 2010
• Gumbo T, Siyambalapitiyage Dona C, Meek C, Leff RD. Pharmacokinetics-Pharmacodynamics of Pyrazinamiede in a Novel In Vitro Model of Tuberculosis for Sterilizing Effect: A Paradigm for Faster Assessment of New Antituberlosis Agents. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 53:3197-3204, 2009.
• Busti AJ, Bain AM, Hall RG, Bedimo R, Leff RD, Meek C, Mehvar R. Effects of atazanavir/ritonavir or fosamprenavir/ritonavir on the pharmacokinetics of rosuvastatin. J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 2008;51(6):605-10.
• Balkus K. J. Jr., Pantano P., Meek C.C, Coutinho D. H., “Encoded molecular sieve particle-based sensors” US Patent No. 6,790,672 (2004)
• Pantano P, Meek C C, Coutinho D H, and Balkus K. J. Jr., “Optical Encoding with shaped DAM-1 molecular sieve particles”, Lab on a Chip, 2003, 132-135
• Meek C C and Pantano P, “Spatial confinement of avidin domains in microwell arrays”, Lab on a Chip, 2001, 158-163
• Meek C, Jain M, Gumbo T, Leff R. Determination of Serum Ribavirin Content Using Tandem Mass Spectrometry (LC-MS/MS): An Accurate, Precise, Selective, and Sensitive Method. American Society for Mass Spectrometry Annual Meeting, Salt Lake City, June 28, 2010.
• Tagliabue C, Meek C, Rutherford S, Leff R, Esposito S, Principi N, Hardy R. Pharmacokinetic Assessment of Clarithromycin in Serum, Bronchalveolar Lavage (BAL) Fluid and Lung Tissue: Influence of Dose escalation on Mycoplasma Pneumoniae. European Pediatric Infectious Diseases Annual Meeting, Brussels, Belgium, June 2009.
• Meek C, Rutherford S, Hardy R, Tagliabue C, Leff R. Quantification of Clarithromycin in Serum Bronchoalveolar Lavage Fluid, and Lund Tissue Using LC/MS-MS: Influence of Dose Escalation on Mycoplasma pneumoniae. ASMS Annual Meeting, Philadelphia, June 2009.
• Gumbo T, Siyambalapitiyage Dona, Meek C, Leff RD. PK/PD of Pyrazinamide Sterilizing Effect and Resistance Suppression. ICAAC 46th Annual Meeting, Washington, DC, October 26, 2008
• Meek C, Bowers D, Leff RD. A LC/MS-MS Method for Quantitative Determination of Topotecan [(S)-9-di-methylaminomethyl-10-hydroxy-camptothecin] in Human Plasma. ASMS Annual Meeting, Denver, June 6, 2008
• Bain AM, Busti AJ, Hall RG, Bedimo R, Leff R, Meek C, Mehvar R. Effects of atazanavir/ritonavir or fosamprenavir/ritonavir on the pharmacokinetics of rosuvastatin. 2008 National Lipid Association Annual Scientific Sessions. May 29 – June 1, 2008, Seattle, WA.
• Balkus K. J, Coutinho D, Madhugiri S, Meek C, Pantano P. “DAM-1 Molecular Sieve Forms, Fibers and Films” Materials Research Society, San Francisco California, 2002
• Meek C C and Pantano P. “Microwell Array Chemical Sensor Advances”, Fifty-Second Annual Pittsburgh Conference on Analytical Chemistry and Applied Spectroscopy, New Orleans, 2001
• Meek C C and Pantano P. “Microwell Array Chemical Sensors”, Third Annual Texas MEMS Workshop, Dallas, 2001