||Chris Adkins received his Bachelors Degree in Biology and Biochemistry from West Texas A&M University at Canyon, Texas in May 2007. Chris worked as a technician at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center under Dr. Paul Lockman for twelve months prior to joining the Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences as a Ph.D. student with the Graduate Program in Pharmaceutical Sciences in August 2008. He continues to work in the laboratory of Dr. Lockman.
BS, Biology & Biochemistry, West Texas A&M, 2007
- Lockman PR, Mittapalli RK, Taskar KS, Rudraraju V, Gril B, Bohn KA, Adkins CE, Roberts A, Thorsheim HR, Gaasch JA, Huang S, Palmieri D, Steeg PS, Smith QR. Heterogeneous Blood-Tumor Barrier Permeability Determines Drug Efficacy in Mouse Brain Metastases of Breast Cancer. Clin Cancer Res. 2010 Sep 9. [Epub ahead of print]
- Manda VK, Mittapalli RK, Bohn KA, Adkins CE, Lockman PR. Nicotine and Cotinine Increases the Brain Penetration of Saquinavir in Rat. J Neurochem. 2010 Dec;115(6):1495-507. Epub 2010 Nov 11
- Ohlin KE, Sebastianutto I, Adkins CE, Lundblad C, Lockman PR, Cenci MA. Impact of L-DOPA treatment on regional cerebral blood flow and metabolism in the basal ganglia in a rat model of Parkinson's disease. Neuroimage 2012 May 15;61(1):228-39. Epub 2012 Mar 3.
- C. Adkins, R. Mittapalli, K. Bohn, K. Taskar, V. Manda, Q. Smith, P. Lockman. Quantitative Fluorescent Microscopy to Determine Permeability Changes in Brain Adjacent to Tumor, Research Days in Amarillo June 2009
- Adkins CE, Mittapalli RK, Manda VK, Taskar KS, Bohn KA, Rudraraju V, Smith QU, Lockman PR. Heterogeneous Permeability and P-glycoprotein Function in Pre-Clinical Brain Metastases of Breast Cancer. Research Days, TTUHSC SOP Amarillo. June 2010
- Mittapalli RK, Adkins CE*, Taskar KS, Manda VK, Rudraraju V, Bohn KA, Smith QR, Lockman PR. Quantitative Fluorescent microscopy to Measure Permeability Alterations in Brain Adjacent to Tumor. AAPS, New Orleans, LA. November 2010
- Chris E. Adkins, Rajendar K. Mittapalli, Vinay K. Venishetty, Kaci A. Bohn, Amit Bansal, Quentin R. Smith and Paul R. Lockman. TGF-b Inhibition Reduces Blood-Brain Barrier Invasion of Brain Seeking MDA-MB-231 Br Cells. Tenth Annual Research Days, Amarillo. 6/11
- Chris E Adkins, Rajendar K Mittapalli, Vinay Venishetty, Kaci Bohn, Amit Bansal, Paul R Lockman. TGF-ß Inhibition Reduces Blood-Brain Barrier Invasion of Brain Seeking MDA-MB-231Br Cells. AAPS, Wash DC. 10/11
- Adkins CE, Smith QR and Lockman PR. “Permability Characteristics of Triple-Negative Breast Cancer Brain Metastasis Over Time”. SOP Research Days, Amarillo, 6/12
- Chris E Adkins, Quentin R Smith, and Paul R Lockman. “The Blood-Tumor Barrier in Brain Metastases of Breast Cancer is Disrupted but Retains Signifcant Residual Function”. GRC, New London, NH, 6/11
- "P-glycoprotein at the blood tumor barrier" 4/6/09
- "Blood-Brain Barrier Integrity in a Parkinson’s Disease Rat Model" 3/24/10
- "Prevention of Preclinical Breast Cancer Brain Metastases" 3/9/11
- "The Role of HER2 in Brain Metastases of Breast Cancer" 1/18/12
- 2nd Place, Dept of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Poster Presentation, Research Days, TTUHSC SOP Amarillo. June 2010
- Tuition fellowship from Nikon for 14th Annual Quantitative Fluorescence Microscopy at Mount Desert Island Biological Laboratory, Bar Harbor, ME. 5/12.
- Best Poster Award. Gordon Research Conference, New London, NH, 6/12
- AFPE Pre-Doctoral Fellowship in Pharmaceutical Sciences 2012-2013 ($6500)
- Treasurer of the Graduate Student Association of Amarillo 2008-2009
- Graduate Student Association at Amarillo Student Senate Officer 2010-2011