Faculty & Staff Details
|Bio||Shari began working in the department office of Pharmaceutical Sciences in August 2007 as a Coordinator. In May 2009 she accepted the position of Graduate Student Advisor with the Graduate Program in Pharmaceutical Sciences. She has now come full circle and rejoined the PharmSci office as Unit Coordinator in December 2012.
Shari graduated from Amarillo College with an Associate Degree in Business; obtained a certificate for Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) from Lincoln Christian University; and attended West Texas A&M University as a General Studies Major.
Prior to joining the TTUHSC family, Shari managed her own medical transcription business for nine years after working in various hospitals and also directed the office of a nonprofit mission organization. She is a grandmother of three girls and two boys, mother of three girls and wife to a remodeling contractor and ex-rancher. She also brings her experience as an ovarian cancer survivor to the board of the Panhandle Cancer Cure Foundation associated with Texas Oncology in Amarillo.
Shari works in the Pharmaceutical Sciences Department Office assisting faculty and postdoctoral research associates with the following:
• Travel applications and vouchers
• Arrangements for special speakers and prospective faculty
• Faculty and postdoc bios on the website
• Faculty and postdoc publications/presentations
• Room reservations for seminars, meetings, etc.
• Ordering supplies and maintenance of department credit card accounts
• Key requests, maintenance and IT work orders and miscellaneous requests.
AA - Amarillo College, Amarillo, TX
TESOL Certificate - Lincoln Christian University, Lincoln, IL