||Md Shahriarul Absar
||Md Shahriarul (Abir) Absar completed his Bachelor of Pharmacy (Honors) degree from the University of Dhaka (Bangladesh). He then received his Master of Pharmacy degree in Pharmaceutical Technology from the same university. In his Master’s research, he worked to find out the effect of plasticizer, polymer load and curing temperature on the release kinetics of sustained released pellets. Before his enrollment into PhD program here, Absar served in two leading pharmaceutical industries in Bangladesh for about three years as product development pharmacist and as product executive respectively.
Abir joined the Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences as a Ph.D. student with the Graduate Program in Pharmaceutical Sciences in May 2009. At present, he is working in the laboratory of Dr. Fakhrul Ahsan’s.
B. Pharm. – Pharmacy, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh. 2003
M.Pharm. – Pharmaceutical Technology, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh. 2004
Absar’s research interest is functional polymeric drug delivery systems for controlled release and delivery of therapeutic bio-active agents, targeted drug delivery systems and PEGylation. He has also interest in formulation of pellet dosage form.
Before Admission to GPPS:
- Golam Kibria, Monzurul Amin Roni, Mohammad Shahriarul Absar, and Reza-ul Jalil. Effect of Plasticizer on Release Kinetics of Diclofenac Sodium Pellets Coated with Eudragit RS 30 D; AAPS PharmSciTech, 2008;9(4):1240-6. Epub 2008 Dec 20.
- Absar S, Choi S, Yang VC, Kwon YM. Heparin-triggered release of camouflaged tissue plasminogen activator for targeted thrombolysis. J Control Release. 2012 Jan 10;157(1):46-54. Epub 2011 Sep 10
- Patel B, Gauvin R, Absar S, Gupta V, Gupta N, Nahar K, Khademhosseini A, Ahsan F. Computational and Bio-engineered Lungs as Alternatives to Whole Animal, Isolated Organ and Cell-Based Lung Models. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2012 Aug 10. [Epub ahead of print]
Before Admission to GPPS:
- Md. Shahriarul Absar, Golam Kibria, Reza-ul Jalil Effect of acrylic and hydrophilic polymer combinations on the physical parameters & in vitro release kinetics of Diclofenac Sodium sustained release pellets; The CDR Journal, Vol. 1, No. 2, December 2006
- M. S. Absar, G. Kibria and R. Ul. Jalil Effect of Acrylic Polymers on the Physical Parameters and in vitro Release Kinetics of Diclofenac Sodium Sustained Release Pellets; Bangladesh J. Sci. Ind. Res. 42(3), 239-248, 2007
- Afsana Akhter, Monzurul Amin Roni, Mohammad Shahriarul Absar, Golam Kibria and Reza-ul Jalil Formulation and Evaluation of Release Kinetics of Diltiazem Hydrochloride from Kollicoat SR 30 D Coated Pellets Prepared by Air Suspension Technique; Bangladesh J. Sci. Ind. Res. 43(3), 321-332, 2008
- Mohammad Shahriarul Absar, Suna Choi, Young Min Kwon. Targeted and Triggered Release of Tissue Plasminogen Activator (tPA) for Safer Thrombolytic Therapy. Research Days, TTUHSC SOP Amarillo. 6/10
- M.S. Absar, S. Choi, V.C. Yang, Y.M. Kwon. Targeted and Triggered Release of Tissue Plasminogen Activator (tPA) for Safer Thrombolytic Therapy. AAPS, New Orleans, LA. 11/10
- Mohammad S Absar, Suna Choi, Nolan Toups, Victor C Yang, Young Min Kwon. Albumin-camouflaged and Heparin Triggered Delivery of Tissue Plasminogen Activator for Safer Thrombolytic Therapy. Student Research Week, TTUHSC Lubbock. 3/11
- Shahriar Absar, Suna Choi and Young Min Kwon. Heparin Triggered Release of Thrombus-targeted Camouflaged Tissue Plasminogen Activator for Localized Thrombolysis. Tenth Annual Research Days, Amarillo. 6/11
- Mohammad S. Absar, Suna Choi, Victor C. Yang, Young Min Kwon. Heparin-triggered release of tissue plasminogen activator for targeted thrombolysis. Controlled Release Society, National Harbor, MD. 7/11
- Mohammad S. Absar, Suna Choi, Kamrun Nahar, Fakhrul Ahsan, Young Min Kwon. Serum Albumin-Protamine Conjugate: a Novel Carrier for Delivery of Therapeutic Macromolecules. AAPS, Wash DC. 10/11
- Oral Presentation. Shahriar Absar, Kamrun Nahar, Young Min Kwon, Fakhrul Ahsan. “Novel Albumin-protamine Conjugate for Triggered Release Delivery of Thrombolytic Macromolecules”. Student Research Week 2012, Lubbock. 3/12
- Excellence in Research Podium Presentation. Shahriar Absar and Fakhrul Ahsan. “Thrombus-targeted Stealth Nano-construct of Tissue Plasminogen Activator for Localized Thrombolysis”. SOP Research Days, Amarillo. 6/12
- S. Absar and F. Ahsan. “Peptide-linked Targetable Nanoparticles of Tissue Plasminogen Activators for Localized Thrombolysis”. Controlled Release Society, Quebec City, Canada, 7/12
- Young M Kwon, Shahriar Absar, Suna Choi, Victor C Yang. “On/off Control of Enzyme Activity by Domain-specific Oligosaccharide Modification”. Controlled Release Society, Quebec City, Quebec, Canada. 07/12. Presented by Absar
- 3/17/10 "Targeted and Triggered Release of Tissue Plasminogen Activator (tPA) for Safer Thrombolytic Therapy"
- 2/23/11 "Heparin Triggered Delivery of Tissue Plasminogen Activator (tPA) for
- 2/8/12 "Stealth Nanoconstruct for Targeting of Plasminogen Activators: Evaluation of Burst Effect and Targeting Specificity"
- CH Foundation Scholarship, 2009
- 3rd Place, Basic Science Junior, Student Research Week, TTUHSC Lubbock. 3/11
- 1st Place, Dept of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Tenth Annual Research Days, Amarillo. 6/11
- 2012 Phonathon Scholarship ($500)
- GSAA Student of the Year, 2012
- GSBS Dean's Scholarship Award. $5000 per year until graduation.
- Graduate Student Association at Amarillo - International Officer 2010-2011
- Graduate Student Association at Amarillo - President 2011-2012
- American Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists (AAPS)
- Controlled Release Society (CRS)
- American Association of Advancement of Science (AAAS)