Faculty & Staff Details
||Pooja Shankar Naik
||Pooja Naik completed her Bachelor of Science in Biotechnology from the University of Mumbai, India, in 2006. She then received her Master of Science in Biological Sciences from the same university in 2008.
Pooja joined the Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences at TTUHSC as a Ph.D. student with the Graduate Program in Pharmaceutical Sciences in August 2009. At present she is working in the lab of Dr. Luca Cucullo.
B.S. - Biotechnology, University of Mumbai, India, 2006
M.S. - Biological Sciences, University of Mumbai, India, 2006
- Pooja Naik, Cucullo L. In Vitro Blood-Brain Barrier Models: Current and Perspective Technologies. J Pharm Sci. 2011 Dec 27. doi: 10.1002/jps.23022. [Epub ahead of print]
- Pooja Naik and Karen S. Mark. The Effects of Alpha-1 Acid Glycoprotein in P Glycoprotein Expression and Function at Blood Brain Barrier. Student Research Week, TTUHSC Lubbock. 3/11
- Pooja Naik and Luca Cucullo. “A New Modular Dynamic In Vitro Capillary-Venule System: Cerebrovascular Physiology in a Box”. Student Research Week 2012, Lubbock, 3/12
- Pooja Naik, Quentin Smith, and Luca Cucullo. “Protective Role of Antioxidant Supplementation in Tobacco Smoke Toxicity at the Blood-Brain Barrier”. Experimental Biology 2012, San Diego, 4/12
- 12/8/10 "The Effects of Inflammation on P Glycoprotein at the Blood Brain Barrier"
- 12/7/11 "The Effect of Tobacco Smoke on the Blood-Brain Barrier"
- CH Foundation Scholarship, TTUHSC. 2009
- Graduate Student Association at Amarillo. Treasurer, 2010-2011
- Graduate Student Association at Amarillo. Vice-President, 2011-2012