||Brijeshkumar I. Patel
||Brijeshkumar Patel completed his Bachelor of Pharmacy from Shri B. M. Shah College of Pharmaceutical Education and Research, Gujarat, India in 2006. He then received a Master of Science in Pharmaceutical Sciences from Campbell University School of Pharmacy, Buies Creek, North Carolina in August 2009.
Brijeshkumar joined the Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences at TTUHSC as a Ph.D. student with the Graduate Program in Pharmaceutical Sciences in May 2009. At present he is working in Dr. Fakhrul Ahsan’s laboratory.
B.Pharm. - Shri B.M. Shah College of Pharmaceutical Education and Research, Hemchandracharya North Gujarat University, Gujarat, India, 2006
M.S. - Pharmaceutical Sciences (Industrial Pharmacy), Campbell University School of Pharmacy, Buies Creek, NC, 2009
- A. Al-Achi, B. Patel, S. Patel. Oral Adminstration of an Insulin-soybean Suspension in Streptozocin Rats: Effects of Aqueous Soybean Extract Vehicle. Drug Development and Delivery. 2012 Jan; 12(1):32-37.
- Patel B, Gupta V, Ahsan F. PEG-PLGA based large porous particles for pulmonary delivery of a highly soluble drug, low molecular weight heparin. J Control Release. 2012 Jul 16;162(2):310-320. [Epub ahead of print]
- Patel B, Gauvin R, Absar S, Gupta V, Gupta N, Nahar K, Khademhosseini A, Ahsan F. Computational and Bio-engineered Lungs as Alternatives to Whole Animal, Isolated Organ and Cell-Based Lung Models. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2012 Aug 10. [Epub ahead of print]
Before Admission to GPPS:
- Sejal Patel, Brijeshkumar Patel, Antoine Al-Achi, Binit Patel, Devarshi Patel, and Nishant Swant. “Quantifying Protease Inhibitors in Soybean Extract Solution.” The Twenty-Sixth Triangle Chromatography Discussion Group Symposium, McKimmon Center, NC State University, Raleigh, North Carolina. 5/09.
- Sejal Patel, Brijeshkumar Patel, and Antoine Al-Achi. “Effectiveness of Orally Administered Human Insulin Solution Mixed with Soybean Extract in Lowering Blood Glucose Level in Streptozocin Induced Diabetic Rats.” Graduate Research Association of Students in Pharmacy (GRASP) 2009 meeting, Mercer University, Atlanta, Georgia. 6/2009.
- Brijeshkumar Patel, Vivek Gupta and Fakhrul Ahsan. "PEG-PLGA Microparticles of Low Molecular Weight." Research Days, TTUHSC SOP Amarillo. 6/10
- Brijeshkumar Patel, Vivek Gupta and Fakhrul Ahsan. "PEG-PLGA Microparticles of Low Molecular Weight." 37th Annual Meeting and Exposition of Controlled Release Society, Portland, OR. 7/10
- Brijeshkumar Patel, Hezhen Wang and Fakhrul Ahsan. "Modification of Heparin Reduces the Incidences of Heparin-Induced Thrombocytopenia." Presented by Dr. Ahsan at 15th International Symposium on Recent Advances in Drug Delivery Systems, Salt Lake City, Utah. 2/11
- Brijeshkumar Patel, Hezhen Wang and Fakhrul Ahsan. "Modified Heparin Reduces HIT as a Function of the Chain Length of Chemical Moieties Conjugated to Native Heparin." CRS, National Harbor, MD. 7/11
- Brijeshkumar Patel and Fakhrul Ahsan. “Inhaled Montelukast as an Alternative to Oral Administration in the Treatment of Asthma”. Student Research Week 2012, Lubbock. 3/12
- Brijeshkumar Patel, Vivek Gupta and Fakhrul Ahsan. “PEG-PLGA Based Large Porous Particles for Pulmonary Delivery of a Highly Soluble Drug, Low Molecular Weight Heparin”. Eleventh Annual SOP Research Days, Amarillo. 6/12
- "Chemically Modified Heparin Reduces Heparin Induced Thrombocytopenia" 10/6/10
- "Feasibility of Inhaled Montelukast as an Alternative to Oral Form of the Drug in the Treatment of Asthma" 10/19/11
- GSBS Course Evaluation Scholarship ($250), Fall 2011
- 3rd Place Poster Presentation, Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences. Eleventh Annual SOP Research Days, Amarillo. 6/12
- Graduate Student Association at Amarillo. Vice-President, 2010-2011.