||Md. Rashedul Islam
||Mohammad Rashedul Islam completed his Bachelor of Pharmacy (Honors) in Pharmaceutical Sciences and Master of Pharmacy in Pharmaceutical Chemistry the University of Dhaka (Bangladesh). He worked on the ethnobotanical, phytochemical and toxicological studies of Ghagra shak (Xanthium strumarium L.) growing in Bangladesh as his Master’s thesis. Rashed also worked as a lecturer in a pharmacy school in Bangladesh for three years. He joined the Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences at TTUHSC as a PhD student with the Graduate Program in Pharmaceutical Sciences in August, 2010. At present, he is working in the laboratory of Dr. Thomas Abbruscato.
B.Pharm. – Pharmacy, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh. 2004
M.Pharm. – Pharmaceutical Chemistry, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh. 2005
Neuropharmacology; especially to characterize the changes occurs in blood brain barrier during stroke and to deliver drugs accordingly.
Prior to Admission to the Graduate Program:
- Mohammad Rashedul Islam, Mohammad Zashim Uddin, Mohammad Sharifur Rahman, Ershad Tutul, Mohammed Zakiur Rahman, Md. Abul Hassan, M A Faiz, Moazzem Hossain, Maleeha Hussain, Mohammad Abdur Rashid. Ethnobotanical, phytochemical and toxicological studies of Ghagra shak (Xanthium strumarium L.) growing in Bangladesh. BMRCB, 2009; 35(3), 84-90.
- Mohammad Rashedul Islam, Rubina Ahmed, Md Obaidur Rahman, Md Ahsanul Akbar, Muhammad Al-Amin, Khondokar Didarul Alam and Farhana lyzu. In vitro antimicrobial activity of four medicinally important plants in Bangladesh. European Journal of Scientific Research, 2010; 39(2), 199-206.
- Md. Abul Kaisar, Mohammad Rashedul Islam, Mohammad Sarifur Rahman, Md. Khalid Hossain and Mohammad A. Rashid. Total Phenolic Content, Free Radical Scavenging Activity and Reducing Power of Quisqualis indica Linn. Dhaka University Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, 2009; 8(2), 173-175.
- Md. Al Amin Sikder, Md. Arifur Rahman, Md. Rashedul Islam, Md. Abul Kaisar, Mohammad S. Rahman and Mohammad A. Rashid. In vitro antioxidant, reducing power, free radical scavenging activity and membrane stabilizing activity of Spilanthes calva. Bangladesh Pharmaceutical Journal 2010; 13(1), 63-67.
- Mohammad R. Islam, Kaushik Shah, Anatoliy Koval and Thomas J. Abbruscato. Investigations into the Effects of Basolateral Human Astrocytes and Conditioned Media on bEnd5 and HH8 Cell Blood Brain Characteristics. Tenth Annual Research Days, Amarillo. 6/11
- Mohammad R Islam, Kaushik Shah, Anatoliy Koval and Thomas J. Abbruscato. The Effects of Basolateral Astrocyte Components on Human Blood Brain Barrier Characteristics. AAPS, Wash DC. 10/11
- Mohammad R Islam, Kaushik Shah, Anatoliy Koval and Thomas J. Abbruscato. “The Effects of Basolateral Astrocyte Components on Human Blood Brain Barrier Characteristics”. Student Research Week 2012, Lubbock, 3/20-22/12
- 10/12/11 "Evaluating Neuroprotective Function of Biphalin and Its Analogs in Stroke Induced Neurotoxicity"
- Graduate Student Association at Amarillo - Historian 2011-2012
- American Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists, Amarillo Student Chapter - Vice-Chair 2011-2012