Faculty & Staff Details
|Position:||Graduate Student Advisor|
|Bio||Susan graduated from Wayland Baptist College (now University) in Plainview, Texas with a Bachelor of Arts degree in English and Mathematics, after which she taught Mathematics at a private school in Lubbock, Texas. She then worked on the TTU Lubbock campus, compiling the concordance for a research grant project under the Philosophy Department. Following this, she worked with both graduate and undergraduate students as Secretary for the Educational Psychology and Higher Education Departments in the College of Education on the TTU Lubbock campus, and later she was Secretary for the Military Science Department under the College of Arts and Sciences on that campus. She has also been the Secretary for Endocrinology, Rheumatology, and Infectious Diseases in the Lubbock TTUHSC Internal Medicine Department.
In February of 2013, she accepted the position of Graduate Student Advisor with the Graduate Program in Pharmaceutical Sciences, and brings extensive clerical experience, including five years of servicing annuity contracts for the AIG/Western National Life office in Amarillo, Texas.
Susan will be working in the Graduate Program Office assisting students with the following:
• Preparing travel applications and vouchers
• Assisting with New Student Orientation
• Preparing key requests
• Preparing notices for the weekly graduate student seminar
• Maintaining graduate program equipment
• Maintaining graduate student bios on the website
• Preparing/publishing the GPPS Agonist newsletter
• Maintaining student publications/presentations
• Reserving rooms for seminar practice, meetings, etc.
• Purchasing supplies/maintaining graduate program account
B.A. English and Mathematics, Wayland Baptist College, 1979