Faculty & Staff
The membership of the Continuing Education Committee includes the Director of the Continuing Education Program as an Ex Officio member without vote and one member of the Executive Committee as an Ex Officio member without vote to function as a liaison to the Executive Committee. Three members of the Pharmacy Practice Department and one faculty member from the basic sciences departments are appointed by the Dean. The Vice Chair of Experiential Programs is an Ex Officio member without a vote; and two practicing pharmacists and one certified pharmacy technician who are not paid, voting faculty members of the SOP, are appointed by the Dean. (Practitioner representatives and the pharmacy technician serve for one year.)
The Continuing Education Committee serves as the standing faculty committee to advance the quality and relevancy of the pharmaceutical education programs offered by the School's Office of Continuing Education. Activities of the committee include but are not limited to:
- Proposing topics and delivery formats for future continuing education programming.
- Evaluating topics and subject matter pertinent to the contemporary practice of pharmacy, as identified through an appropriate needs assessment process for use in guiding the content of future continuing education programs.
- Reviewing marketing techniques to improve the availability and attendance at Continuing Education seminars.
- Facilitating live Continuing Education programs held during the academic year.
- Reviewing policies and procedures regarding operation of the Continuing Education program; proposing changes to the director, who shall be responsible for executing those changes within the accreditation guidelines as established by ACPE; assisting the director of Continuing Education to compile an annual report of the prior year's continuing education activities presented to the full faculty meeting held in May.
Standing committees shall keep and approve all minutes of meetings. The Dean's office representative shall be responsible for the timely preparation of the minutes. The committee shall submit minutes to be posted on the committee webpage within 48 hours of approval. When accepted and approved by committee membership, minutes shall be distributed to the Executive Committee through the designated liaison.
When such minutes include a specific recommendation or policy for faculty consideration, the Executive Committee shall communicate recommendations to the standing committee within 30 working days after receipt. This paragraph is not intended to preclude the Chair of a standing committee to make recommendations on policy changes to the faculty that may not conform to the recommendations of the Executive Committee.
(Click any name below to send an email to that member.)
Meeting Agendas and Minutes by Date
March 11, 2014 - (Agenda) (Minutes)
October 8, 2013 - (Agenda) (Minutes)
August 12, 2013 - (Agenda) (Minutes)
July 8, 2013 - (Agenda) (Minutes)
May 13, 2013 - (Agenda) (Minutes)
April 24, 2013 - (Activity Report) (No meeting.)
March 18, 2013 - (Activity Report) (No meeting.)
January 14, 2013 - (Agenda) (Minutes)
November 12, 2012 - (Agenda) (Minutes)
September 10, 2012 - (Agenda) (Minutes)
August 13, 2012 - (Agenda) (Minutes)
July 9, 2012 - (Agenda) (Minutes)
June 11, 2012 - (Agenda) (Minutes)
May 14, 2012 - (Agenda) (Minutes)
March 6, 2012 - (Update) (No meeting.)
February 2, 2012 - (Agenda) (Minutes)
January 12, 2012 - (Agenda) (Minutes)
Archived Agendas and Minutes