Student Assessment of Learning Committee
The membership of the Student Assessment of Learning Committee includes one member of the Executive Committee, appointed by the Dean, who serves as an Ex Officio member without vote and functions as a liaison to the Executive Committee. The Dean also appoints one faculty member from each academic department and three selected at-large from the entire faculty. Two professional student members are elected by the Pharmacy Student Council. The committee Chair and Chair-Elect are appointed by the Dean.
This committee develops policy and makes recommendations to the faculty as required in all matters relating to assessing student progress in achieving the educational outcomes as identified by the faculty of the SOP as follows:
- The Student Assessment of Learning Committee (SAL) will define and delineate student educational outcomes for each year of the professional program, according to the educational outcomes identified by the faculty. These outcomes shall be annually communicated in writing to the students in the Student Handbook.
- At the beginning of the spring semester each year the SAL Committee shall conduct assessments of each student's progress towards accomplishing the outcomes defined and delineated for each year.
- In cooperation with the faculty, the SAL Committee shall develop remediation programs for students who do not accomplish the outcomes.
- By April 1 of each year, the SAL Committee shall deliver a confidential report regarding each student's performance, with recommended action, to the Student Credentialing Subcommittee of the Student Affairs Committee.
- By May 1 of each year, the SAL Committee shall deliver a summary report regarding the students' outcomes to be presented to the faculty at the spring meeting.
Standing committees shall keep and approve all minutes of meetings. The Dean's office representative shall be responsible for the timely preparation of the minutes. The committee shall submit minutes to be posted on the committee webpage within 48 hours of approval. When accepted and approved by committee membership, minutes shall be distributed to the Executive Committee through the designated liaison.
When such minutes include a specific recommendation or policy for faculty consideration, the Executive Committee shall communicate recommendations to the standing committee within 30 working days after receipt. This paragraph is not intended to preclude the Chair of a standing committee to make recommendations on policy changes to the faculty that may not conform to the recommendations of the Executive Committee.
(Click any name below to send an email to that member.)
Meeting Agendas and Minutes by Date
April 10, 2015 (Agenda) (Minutes)
March 6, 2015 (Agenda) (Minutes)
February 13, 2015 (Agenda) (Minutes)
January 9, 2015 (Agenda) (Minutes)
December 12, 2014 (Agenda) (Minutes)
November 14, 2014 (Agenda) (Minutes)
October 17, 2014 (Agenda) (Minutes)
September 26, 2014 (Agenda) (Minutes)
August 15, 2014 - (Minutes)
July 18, 2014 – (Minutes)
June 13, 2014 – (Minutes)
May 9, 2014 – (Minutes)
April 18, 2014 – (Minutes)
March 28, 2014 – (Minutes)
February 21, 2014 – (Minutes)
January 17, 2014 - (Minutes)
December 13, 2013 - (Minutes)
November 1, 2013 - (Minutes)
October 4, 2013 - (Minutes)
September 6, 2013 - (Minutes)
April 26, 2013 - (Agenda)
February 28, 2013 - (Agenda) (Minutes)
January 18, 2013 - (Agenda) (Minutes)
Archived Agendas and Minutes