Research Advisory Committee
The membership of the Research Advisory Committee includes one member of the Executive Committee, appointed by the Dean, who serves as an Ex Officio member without vote and functions as a liaison to the Executive Committee. Other members include one faculty member from each academic department in the SOP and three faculty selected at-large from the entire faculty. Each must have an active research program and the Dean of the SOP and Academic Department Chairs are ineligible for appointment to the committee.
The Research Advisory Committee serves as the standing committee of the faculty to foster, promote and assess research endeavors.
Specific activities include, but are not limited to:
- Evaluating the Office of Research sponsored grants and advising the Associate Dean for Research on Internal Funding.
- Organizing the SOP Research Days, with the assistance of the Office of Research. Working together as a program committee (i.e. identifying podium presenters, event dates, other activities, etc.).
- Evaluating SOP research policies as needed. Making recommendations to these documents.
- Fostering activities and identifying individuals that will increase the School's Research Profile within the Amarillo area and throughout all TTUHSC campuses (i.e. workshops, research seminars, speakers, retreats or other structured activities).
- Engaging in the facilitation of extramural funding and evaluation of research productivity of the faculty.
- Annually evaluating Centers for Excellences and making recommendations to the Office of Research on the progress of the program as well as future funding.
- Assisting in any necessary IRB and IACUC affairs.
- Actively participating in the school-wide "CATALYST" seminar series.
Standing committees shall keep and approve all minutes of meetings. The Dean's office representative shall be responsible for the timely preparation of the minutes. The committee shall submit minutes to be posted on the committee webpage within 48 hours of approval. When accepted and approved by committee membership, minutes shall be distributed to the Executive Committee through the designated liaison.
When such minutes include a specific recommendation or policy for faculty consideration, the Executive Committee shall communicate recommendations to the standing committee within 30 working days after receipt. This paragraph is not intended to preclude the Chair of a standing committee to make recommendations on policy changes to the faculty that may not conform to the recommendations of the Executive Committee.
(Click any name below to send an email to that member.)
Meetings by Date
September 30, 2014 (Agenda) (Minutes)
August 21, 2014 (Agenda) (Minutes)
July 22, 2014 (Agenda) (Minutes)
June 26, 2014 (Agenda) (Minutes)
May 16, 2014 (Agenda) (Minutes)
April 22, 2014 (Agenda) (Minutes)
March 2014 - cancelled
February 14, 2014 (Agenda) (Minutes)
January 21, 2014 (Agenda) (Minutes)
December 19, 2013 (Agenda) (Minutes)
November 22, 2013 (Agenda) (Minutes)
October 25, 2013 (Agenda) (Minutes)
September 30, 2013 (Agenda) (Minutes)
August 28, 2013 (Agenda) (Minutes)
June 24, 2013 (Agenda) (Minutes)
June 4, 2013 (Agenda) (Minutes)
May 24, 2013 (Agenda) (Minutes)
April 12, 2013 (Agenda) (Minutes)
March 14, 2013 (Agenda) (Minutes)
February 14, 2013 (Agenda) (Minutes)
January 31, 2013 (Agenda) (Minutes)