Steps to Apply
When you're ready to embark upon your journey through pharmacy education, you'll find
your best partner is the Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center School of Pharmacy (TTUHSC-SOP).
Try one of our great recruiting events to meet our staff in person!
In most cases, your test scores and transcripts will come to us from other sources
and may not arrive with your completed application. However, be sure to mail your
application fee check, signature page and oath of residency when you submit your application.
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact one of our friendly staff members. We
are always prepared to help and we pride ourselves on providing excellent customer
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center
Office of the Registrar-Pharmacy
3601 4th Street, Mail Stop 8310
Lubbock, Texas 79430-831
- Check your courses and grades to be sure you meet the TTUHSC-SOP requirements. If you have not completed all of
your prerequisites, please indicate if you are either currently enrolled or are planning
to complete them prior to any designated deadlines. To be considered for admission, all prerequisites must be completed with a grade of "C" or better.
- Mail your documents to:
- Wait patiently until we contact you! We know it's hard to wait, and if you have any concerns,
please feel free to check the status of your application online after you have finalized
the application process and we have received your fee.
- Questions about admissions? Try our FAQs.
- Are you an international student? More information is available here.
Prepare to Interview
When you get the call, it's time to prepare for your face-to-face interview on one
of our TTUHSC-SOP campuses. For some, this interview may be the hardest part of the application process, but
our staff will be with you every step of the way to help you through it.
A Few Tips:
- Dress professionally When you look professional, you act professional. However, be sure whatever you wear
is comfortable and that you feel good about the way you look.
- Be on time If you feel rushed or start late, it sets you up to feel frazzled! Get a good night's
sleep the night before and be ready to go.
- Be honest If you do not know how to answer your interviewer, tell him or her you don't know.
Faculty interviewers will know the difference if you answer dishonestly. If the interviewer
asks about you or your desire to be a pharmacist, be sure you have something to say!
- Look people in the eyes
- Relax The interview day will be hectic and you will feel drained by the time it ends. But
remember, we haven't lost anyone yet!
- Ask questions While you are on campus, you will be treated to a tour of our facilities and you
will be provided with opportunities to ask questions of our students, faculty and
What to Expect on Interview Day
You will be guided step-by-step through the interview process by our friendly and
compassionate staff. As a candidate, you will enjoy a hands-on anatomy lab demonstration
and watch current students demonstrate patient counseling, immunizations, bone density
testing and blood glucose screening. During the assessment phase, you will participate
in a one-on-one interview with faculty and a team scenario-based learning activity
with faculty members.
A Little About Our Campuses
Be sure to take a peek at this information about the four campuses that make up the TTUHSC School of Pharmacy family.
Our staff love the students we serve, so you should never hesitate to contact us at
any point during the application process. That's why we're here! Find your contact
here and be sure to fill out our Contact Form.