Make the Most of Your Career. Join our Team.
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center School of Pharmacy
Department of Pharmacy Practice
Seventeen years ago, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center committed to building a pharmacy school in West Texas. The mission of the School was simply to train the pharmacy practitioners and scientists of tomorrow. Today, the dream continues to evolve. The School now includes four campuses in Abilene, Amarillo, Lubbock and Dallas/Fort Worth. The Department of Pharmacy Practice has grown to include 57 full-time, state paid, faculty members and 25 residents who lead the way in pharmacy education, clinical practice and research.
The expansion of the Abilene, Amarillo, Dallas/Fort Worth and Lubbock campuses has created a need for new faculty members. The Department of Pharmacy Practice is recruiting candidates for the following positions:
- Two pediatric faculty positions, 12-month, full time, non-tenure track faculty at the Assistant/Associate Professor level to be located on the Abilene, Texas campus. Entry level: Pharm.D. with specialty residency or fellowship. Join a growing faculty (including our regional dean, 5 adult medicine, 3 primary care, 2 geriatrics, 2 community, 2 practice management, 1 clinical research, and 4 pharmaceutical sciences faculty) at our newest campus which includes a state of the art, 40,000 square foot building adjacent to Hendrick Regional Medical Center.
- Two 12-month, full-time, non-tenure track faculty positions located on the Abilene, Texas campus. Join the largest primary care faculty division, in the nation! Hendrick Medical Center is a 504-bed medical center located adjacent to the TTUHSC SOP. It serves the 22 counties surrounding Abilene. Both the Department of Pharmacy and the TTUHSC SOP have created a faculty position that has a focus on improving quality of care through appropriate patient and medication management from inpatient to ambulatory care pharmacy management.
- Two 12-month, full-time, non-tenure track faculty positions located on the Amarillo campus. Qualified candidates are being recruited to expand existing ambulatory care clinical services and practice via collaborative drug therapy management at the TTUHSC School of Medicine’s Internal Medicine Clinic and at the Amarillo VA out-patient clinics. Candidates’ teaching responsibilities include development and delivery of didactic, laboratory, problem-based, and experiential teaching within the curriculum.
- Two 12-month non-tenure track faculty positions within the Ambulatory Care Division at the Dallas/Fort Worth campus. Qualified candidates are being recruited to join existing Division members to expand clinical ambulatory care services and practice via collaborative drug therapy management at the Fort Worth Out-patient Clinic of the North Texas Veterans Affairs Health Care Center. Candidates’ teaching responsibilities include development and delivery of didactic, laboratory, problem-based, and experiential teaching within the curriculum.
- One 12-month, non-tenure track faculty at the Dallas/Fort Worth campus. Successful candidate will be a member of a dynamic Geriatrics Practice Division within the Department of Pharmacy Practice that include members at all the School of Pharmacy campuses, and strong opportunities for collaboration are available in multiple practice divisions, including Internal Medicine and Primary Care. The position has an affiliated practice site at the North Texas Veteran’s Affairs Hospital. Geriatric care is focused in the Community Living Center (CLC), a long-term care facility with an emphasis on rehabilitation issues.
- Two 12-month, full time, non-tenure track adult medicine faculty to be based at the Abilene, Texas campus. The Abilene campus began student enrollment in the fall of 2007 and features a state of the art 40,000 square foot facility with 30 full time faculty. An additional 13,000 square foot addition is under construction and will house cutting-edge research laboratories, faculty offices, and additional conference rooms. The successful candidates will practice collaboratively with 3 current Adult Medicine faculty, and will be a member of a dynamic Adult Medicine Division that includes a total of 14 faculty across 4 campuses. Responsibilities will include development of adult medicine clinical pharmacy services at Hendrick Health System, experiential and didactic teaching, as well as research and scholarship. Opportunity exists for development of transitional care services. Precepting pharmacy practice and pharmacotherapy residents will be an expectation. Persons with interest in general adult medicine/pharmacotherapy and BCPS certification are strongly preferred. Research and scholarship is an expectation, with opportunities for collaboration available with established colleagues. Rank and salary are commensurate with experience.
- One 12-month, full-time, non-tenure track faculty position in community practice within the Department of Pharmacy Practice. This position is based at the Abilene, Texas campus. The candidate will work as a member of the pharmacy team at the Hendrick Professional Pharmacy providing pharmacy care to patients, engaging in medication therapy management services, and supervising pharmacy clerkship students. The Hendrick Professional Pharmacy is an integral part of the Hendrick Medical Center, a major teaching partner of the School of Pharmacy. Additional opportunities exist to be involved in teaching courses such as pharmaceutical care, immunizations and patient assessment.
Contact Information: Dr. Roland Patry or Dr. Cynthia Raehl, Department of Pharmacy Practice, TTUHSC School of Pharmacy, 1300 S. Coulter, Amarillo, Texas 79196. Call: 806/356-4010. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com . Applicants must apply online at: https:jobs.texastech.edu. Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Women and minorities are strongly encouraged to apply.