Admissions and Programs
Doctor of Pharmacy Program
Note: You do not have to apply to Texas Tech University in addition to applying to the Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center School of Pharmacy.
- READ the "Admissions" section.
- Review the Prerequisites section.
- Contact the Admissions office about any questions that you may have.
- COMPLETE the School of Pharmacy Online Application - You must apply online.
- We understand that test scores and transcripts are probably being sent by someone else and may not arrive with your completed form. Be sure to mail your check for your application fee, Signature Page and Oath of Residency when you submit your application. If you have questions about the application, please contact us and we will try to clarify the instructions.
- Mail all documents to: Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, Office of the Registrar - Pharmacy, 3601 4th MS 8310, Lubbock Texas 79430-8310
- Check your COURSES and GRADES. Be sure that you have all of your prerequisites completed. If not, please indicate that you are either currently enrolled or are planning to complete them prior to any designated deadlines. To be considered, all prerequisites must be completed with a grade of "C" or better.
- WAIT patiently until we contact you for an interview! If you have concerns, please feel free check the status of your application, online, after you have finalized your application, and we have received your application fee.
Preparing for the Interview...
is the hardest part of the process. This will not be an easy day, but we try to help you through it.
- Dress Professionally! When you look professional, you act it....but be sure it is comfortable and you feel good about the way you look.
- Be on Time! If you feel rushed or start late, it sets you up to feel frazzled! Get a good night's sleep the night before.
- Be Honest! If you do not know an answer, say "I don't know." Faculty interviewing you will know the difference. If it is a question about you or your wanting to be a pharmacist, have something to say!
- Smile! Be cheerful and positive.
- Look People in the Eye!
- Relax! This day will be very hectic and by the end, you will feel drained. You will participate in group problem solving, be interviewed by faculty members, take a cognitive thinking test, and have a session on the technology used for classes and the required hardware and software students must have. Remember, we haven't lost anyone yet!
- Ask Questions! This day will also include a tour of our facilities and an opportunity for you to ask questions of students, faculty, and our staff.
- Good Luck!