Our Culture Statement
Our culture - the way we live and act - is created by a strong commitment to a set of core values based on mutual respect, professionalism and integrity. As a community of learners, we are committed to
- The creation of a student-centered, positive learning community in which each person is dedicated to the pharmacy profession and values excellence in education, practice and research.
- Collaborative interpersonal relationships - defined as mutual learning, open communication and shared responsibility among faculty, administration and students.
- Compassionate care for each patient and an unwavering dedication to meet each patient's pharmaceutical care needs.
- Community involvement and serving the health care needs of the citizens of West Texas. This perspective will be reflected in our doctoral candidates who have a community perspective supported by a sound biologic and behavioral understanding of health care.
- Work characterized by its excellence and our willingness to change, be progressive, make timely and vigilant decisions, and evaluate our performances against stated goals.
- Academic and healthcare environments that encourage open debate and dialogue, the introduction of new ideas and practices, innovation through collaboration, and an unwavering commitment to self-improvement, self-renewal and life-long learning.
The results of embracing and living the Texas Tech School of Pharmacy values are excellence, innovative pharmaceutical education; preparation of professionals with an unwavering ethical foundation; a positive, rewarding and stimulating work environment; and a noticeable and positive impact on the communities in which we work, study, and live.