About Our School
Mission, Vision and Culture
Mission Statement of the Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center
The mission of Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center is to improve the health of people by providing educational opportunities for students and health care professionals, advancing knowledge through scholarship and research, and providing patient care and service.
Mission Statement of the School of Pharmacy
Our mission is to enhance the lives of the diverse people of Texas and beyond, through excellence and innovation in: educating health-care practitioners, researchers, and educators, providing pharmaceutical care and service, and advancing knowledge through scholarship and research.
Vision Statement of the Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center will be recognized as a top-ranked health sciences university.
Vision Statement of the School of Pharmacy
The vision of the TTUHSC School of Pharmacy is to become internationally recognized for expanding the pharmacist's role as a leader in health care by developing models of excellence in patient-centered care and collaborative drug therapy management through an innovative educational curriculum, while advancing healthcare and science through cutting-edge research.
Our culture - the way we live and act - is created by a strong commitment to a set of core values based on mutual respect, professionalism and integrity. As a community of learners, we are committed to
- The creation of a student-centered, positive learning community in which each person is dedicated to the pharmacy profession and values excellence in education, practice and research.
- Collaborative interpersonal relationships - defined as mutual learning, open communication and shared responsibility among faculty, administration and students.
- Compassionate care for each patient and an unwavering dedication to meet each patient's pharmaceutical care needs.
- Community involvement and serving the health care needs of the citizens of West Texas. This perspective will be reflected in our doctoral candidates who have a community perspective supported by a sound biologic and behavioral understanding of health care.
- Work characterized by its excellence and our willingness to change, be progressive, make timely and vigilant decisions, and evaluate our performances against stated goals.
- Academic and healthcare environments that encourage open debate and dialogue, the introduction of new ideas and practices, innovation through collaboration, and an unwavering commitment to self-improvement, self-renewal and life-long learning.
The results of embracing and living the Texas Tech School of Pharmacy values are excellence, innovative pharmaceutical education; preparation of professionals with an unwavering ethical foundation; a positive, rewarding and stimulating work environment; and a noticeable and positive impact on the communities in which we work, study, and live.