TTUHSC School of Pharmacy


Grant Transfers for New Faculty Coming from Other Institutions

The SOP Office of the Sciences offers assistance to new faculty transferring grants from other institutions. Researchers may work with the Sciences Office, who will smooth the process as much as possible, to avoid unnecessary delays in research.

Items Needed for NIH Grant Transfers

To be completed by the Investigator:

  • New Routing Sheet completely signed and initialed
  • Copy of the original grant including face/cover page, abstract, budgets & justification, research plan, and checklist page
  • New face page of the NIH form to reflect the new institution and new budget amounts, as well as IRB and ACUC approvals/dates and EIN or Tax ID number
  • Abstract
  • New budgets (initial and entire)
  • New budget justification
  • Research Plan
  • Checklist page showing indirect costs
  • Copy of award letter with grant number
  • Copy of letter to previous institution from investigator requesting the carry forward
  • Any correspondence between investigator and previous institution or NIH regarding transfer

To be completed by the prior university in conjunction with the investigator's leaving:

To be completed once funding has been awarded/transferred:

  • Department will complete a budget revision form and signature authority form and forward to the SOP Assistant Dean for Finance and Administration for review and approval
  • Assistant Dean for Finance and Administration will review and send approved paperwork to the SOP Sciences Office
  • SOP Sciences Office will then make needed copies and forward paperwork to the Department
  • Department will then forward all approved paperwork along with a copy of the award notice to the Office of Sponsored Programs in Lubbock.

Download Free Adobe Reader Get Adobe Reader Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to view items marked with this icon:
Please click on the left image to download the free version.