Bridge Funding Program
OFFERED THROUGH THE OFFICE OF THE ASSOCIATE DEAN FOR RESEARCH
The purpose of the Bridge Funding Program is to sustain faculty research programs between extramural grants. The School recognizes the importance of providing ongoing support to extramurally funded faculty researchers, even during periods when their extramural funding has been depleted. Unexpected delays that occur during the process of reapplying for continued funding could potentially compromise ongoing faculty research programs. Principal Investigators (PIs) understand that extramural funding is essential to sustaining vital research programs; however, the School deems it important to provide bridge funding, in certain circumstances, to those PIs who are eligible.
The faculty research Bridge Funding Program is based on the annual indirect return to the School of Pharmacy: 25% of the annual indirect return is allocated to the Office of the Associate Dean for Research bridge fund account. The remaining 75% of the indirect return is divided into three equal portions, as detailed in SOP OP 73.P.01, and awarded: directly to the PI for the enhancement of his/her research program, to the Department Chair in support of departmental research programs, and to the Office of the Associate Dean for Research in support of School-wide research enhancement programs and the School's research infrastructure.