Research Advisory Committee
All appointments effective September 1, 2016 through August 31, 2017.
|Ulrich Bickel, MD, Chair
|Sara Brouse, Pharm.D.
|Constantinos Mikelis, Ph.D.
||Biomedical Sciences/ Amarillo
|Magdalena Karbowniczek, Ph.D.
|Richard Leff, Pharm.D.,
|Steven Pass, Pharm.D.
|Sanjay K. Srivastava, Ph.D.,
|Office of Sciences, Biomedical Sciences/Amarillo
|Paul Trippier, Ph.D., Past Chair
|Ming Hai Wang, M.D., Ph.D.
The stated duties and functions of the Research Advisory Committee (RAC) from the
School Bylaws are:
“The Research Advisory Committee shall serve as the standing committee of the faculty to foster, promote and assess
Specific activities include, but are not limited to:
- Evaluating the Office of Research sponsored grants and advising the Associate Dean
for Research on Internal Funding.
- Organizing the SOP Research Days, with the assistance of the Office of Research. Working
together as a program committee (i.e. identifying podium presenters, event dates,
other activities, etc.).
- Evaluating SOP research policies as needed. Making recommendations to these documents.
- Fostering activities and identifying individuals that will increase the School's Research
Profile within the Amarillo area and throughout all TTUHSC campuses (i.e. workshops,
research seminars, speakers, retreats or other structured activities).
- Engaging in the facilitation of extramural funding and evaluation of research productivity
of the faculty.
- Annually evaluating Centers for Excellences and making recommendations to the Office
of Research on the progress of the program as well as future funding.
- Assisting in any necessary IRB and IACUC affairs.
- Actively participating in the school-wide “CATALYST” seminar series.
The minutes of the Research Advisory Committee will be reported to the faculty as specified in Article II, Section B, Paragraph 5.
Meetings by date.