Research Advisory Committee
Research Advisory Committee Members 2016-2017
All appointments effective September 1, 2016 through August 31, 2017.
|Ulrich Bickel, MD, Chair
|Sara Brouse, Pharm.D.
|Constantinos Mikelis, Ph.D.
||Biomedical Sciences/ Amarillo
|Magdalena Karbowniczek, Ph.D.
|Richard Leff, Pharm.D.,
|Steven Pass, Pharm.D.
|Sanjay K. Srivastava, Ph.D.,
|Office of Sciences, Biomedical Sciences/Amarillo
|Paul Trippier, Ph.D., Past Chair
|Ming Hai Wang, M.D., Ph.D.
Research Advisory Committee Bylaws
- The membership of the Research Advisory Committee shall include:
- One member of the Executive Committee who shall serve as an Ex Officio member without
vote and functions as a liaison to the Executive Committee. The Dean shall appoint
the Ex Officio member.
- One faculty member from each academic department in the School of Pharmacy and three
faculty selected at-large from the entire faculty. Committee members shall have active
research programs. Neither the Dean of the School of Pharmacy nor the academic department
chairs are eligible for appointment to the committee.
- The Research Advisory Committee shall serve as the standing committee of the faculty
to foster, promote and assess research endeavors. Specific activities include, but
are not limited to:
- Evaluating the Office of Research sponsored grants and advising the Associate Dean
for Sciences on Internal Funding.
- Organizing the School of Pharmacy Research Days, with the assistance of the Office
of Sciences. Working together as a program committee (i.e. identifying podium presenters,
event dates, other activities, etc.).
- Evaluating SOP research policies as needed. Making recommendations to these documents.
- Fostering activities and identifying individuals that will increase the School's Research
Profile within the Amarillo area and throughout all TTUHSC campuses (i.e. workshops,
research seminars, speakers, retreats or other structured activities).
- Engaging in the facilitation of extramural funding and evaluation of research productivity
of the faculty.
- Evaluating Centers for Excellences and making recommendations to the Office of Research
on the progress of the program as well as future funding.
- Assisting in any necessary IRB and IACUC affairs.
- The minutes of the Research Advisory Committee will be reported to the faculty as
specified in Article II, Section B, paragraph 5.
Meetings by date.