Research Advisory Committee
Research Advisory Committee Members 2012-2013
All appointments effective September 1, 2012 through August 31, 2013.
|Member||Department||Phone No.||Email Address|
|Sanjay Srivastava, Ph.D. (13), DBS, Chair||Biomedical Sciences||806-356-4750 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Richard Leff, Ph.D. (13), DPP||Pharmacy Practice/Dallasemail@example.com|
|Maciej Markiewski, Ph.D. (14), DIB, Chair-elect||Immunotherapuetics and Biotechnology/ABI||325-676-7948 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Ron Hall, Ph.D. (14), AL||Pharmacy Practice/Dallasemail@example.com|
|Luca Cucullo, Ph.D. (15), DPS||Pharmaceutical Sciences||806-356-4015 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Ruiwen Zhang, Ph.D. (15), AL||Pharmaceutical Sciences||806-356-4015 email@example.com|
|Quentin R. Smith, Ph.D., Dean, School of Pharmacy||Pharmaceutical Sciences||806-356-4000 firstname.lastname@example.org|
Research Advisory Committee Bylaws
The membership of the Research Advisory Committee shall include:
- One member of the Executive Committee who shall serve as an Ex Officio member without vote and functions as a liaison to the Executive Committee. The Dean shall appoint the Ex Officio member.
- One faculty member from each academic department in the School of Pharmacy and three faculty selected at-large from the entire faculty. Committee members shall have active research programs. Neither the Dean of the School of Pharmacy nor the academic department chairs are eligible for appointment to the committee.
The Research Advisory Committee shall serve as the standing committee of the faculty to foster, promote and assess research endeavors. Specific activities include, but are not limited to:
- Evaluating the Office of Research sponsored grants and advising the Associate Dean for Research on Internal Funding.
- Organizing the School of Pharmacy Research Days, with the assistance of the Office of Research. Working together as a program committee (i.e. identifying podium presenters, event dates, other activities, etc.).
- Evaluating SOP research policies as needed. Making recommendations to these documents.
- Fostering activities and identifying individuals that will increase the School's Research Profile within the Amarillo area and throughout all TTUHSC campuses (i.e. workshops, research seminars, speakers, retreats or other structured activities).
- Organizing the Wendy & Stanley Marsh 3 Endowed Lectureship in Pharmacology & Neurochemistry of Substance Abuse/Addiction in consultation with the Marsh Committee. The Office of Research will assist in this endeavor.
- Engaging in the facilitation of extramural funding and evaluation of research productivity of the faculty.
- Annually evaluating Centers for Excellences and making recommendations to the Office of Research on the progress of the program as well as future funding.
- Assisting in any necessary IRB and IACUC affairs.
- Actively participating in the school-wide "CATALYST" seminar series.
- The minutes of the Research Advisory Committee will be reported to the faculty as specified in Article II, Section B, paragraph 5.