All international students who are citizens in the following countries are not required to have tuberculosis screening:
American Samoa Iceland New Zealand
Australia Ireland Norway
Belgium Italy Saint Kitts and Nevis
Canada Jamaica Saint Lucia
Denmark Liechtenstein San Marino
Finland Luxembourg Spain
France Malta Switzerland
Germany Monaco Sweden
Greece Netherlands The Virgin Islands
All other countries not listed above will need to have a Tuberculosis Test completed within the first 5 weeks of class.
- It must be performed in the United States to be accepted.
- It must be the blood drawn test, not the skin test.
- If not completed, a hold will be placed on your account until it is.
You will only need to show proof or receive TB testing your first semester of classes or if you are a re-admitted student. This includes but not limited to:
- Students going from Undergraduate to Graduate School.
- Students who attended another University or College.
- Student who dropped out of Texas Tech and were re-admitted.
- Students who transfer from distance learning to the Lubbock campus.
You can come to the clinic to fulfill this requirement after the first day of class.
If you are coming in to take only the TB testing, you will not be required to pay the Medical Service Fee.
All incoming students are required to have proof of meningitis and MMRs.
If you are 22 years of age or older, you do not have to show proof of meningitis.
Entry into the United States:
Please visit https://www.depts.ttu.edu/international/isss/prearrival.php for more information about what requirements the United States has for entry.
If you have further questions regarding Immigration, please contact your International Affairs Advisor. If you are unsure of who that my be or need other information, please visit the following link: