Before Attending Red Raider Orientation
All students are required to show proof of MMR (Measals, Mumps, and Rubella) and Meningitis vaccines before enrolling in classes. We will be looking for two doses of the MMR vaccine and a current Meningitis vaccine. A current Meningitis vaccine is a vaccine that has been received within 5 years.
For incoming Fall 2018 freshman... Meningitis vaccines administered before August 20, 2013 will not be accepted. If you need a new meningitis vaccine, please speak with your PCP or visit a local pharmacy. Make sure you save the documentation to submit to Student Health.
Visit our Immunization Record Upload Center to upload your meningitis and MMR records and we will make sure any holds on your tuition account are removed.
- If you are requesting records from a physician, have your physician fax it to us at 806.743.2122.
- If you will be 22 years of age or older on the first day of class, you are not required to have proof of the meningitis vaccination but still need to submit MMR records.
We will be at all RRO sessions and would be happy to answer any questions you may have or accept your medical records in person.
ALL SHOT RECORDS must have the following:
- All records need to have the Students' NAME and DATE OF BIRTH on it.
- All records need to have either the Medical Professionals' (doctor, nurse, pharmacist, clinic) signature or stamp next to the updated shot if it is handwritten.
- All records must be legible when emailing, faxing or hand delivering. If there is a question about the date (a 6 looking like a 0), the student will need to get their medical professional to provide a clearer copy of the record.
- ANY record that does not follow the above guidelines, the student will be required to resubmit records with all the appropriate information.
If you are turning in an affidavit for vaccination exemption, you must hand deliver the ORIGINAL affidavit to Student Health or to our table in the Hold Removal Room. State law requires we have the original in our possession. We do keep them, if you ever need a copy.
For more infomration about the meningitis state requirement for Texas universities as well as instructions for how to apply for a waver, click here.