Current Research Projects1. Develop and test a clinical tool using patient symptoms to diagnose influenza and to predict who is most likely to suffer complications or need to be hospitalized.
2. Study why some persons choose not to be vaccinated against influenza.
3. Study the effect of age on the timing of influenza infection during an epidemic.
4. Study the effect of influenza infection on persons who are colonized with Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus.
5. Develop a non-invasive rapid diagnostic influenza test.
6. Effect in influenza infection on blood sugar control in diabetics.