Family Medicine Resident Required Criteria
- The applicant must be eligible to acquire a Texas License.
- The applicant must have passed USMLE Step 1 as required by the Texas Medical Board.
- A criminal background check must be acquired prior to the start of residency
- Each applicant using the Electronic Residency Application Service will be required
to complete a TTUHSC ERAS addendum.
- The applicant must be a graduate of a medical school approved by the Texas Medical
Board or one whose curriculum is accepted by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating
In addition to the requirements listed above, the department of Family and Community
Medicine has adopted the following additional criteria (the Program Director reserves
the right to make some exceptions):
- Prefer 1st attempt to attain a score of 195+ on each USMLE Step (Comlex accepted)
- Graduation from medical school within the last 5 years
Foreign Medical Graduates:
- Current clinical experience in the United States, with letters of recommendation to
support those experiences
- Employment Authorization Document, A Green Card, or Permanent Resident status are
accepted. We do not sponsor Visas.
All applications will be reviewed in the ERAS system.
All applications must be received by January 18th of the year of matriculation.
Interviews will occur between November and January.
TTUHSC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability,
religion, age, or veteran status.
Click here to view the FM Interview Guide & Policy
For More information please contact our residency office at 806-414-9493