- Dr. Marjorie Jenkins
- Dr. Cathy VanHook
- Tena Martin RT, CDT - Bone Densitometry Technician
- Sylvia Alonzo, Bone Densitometry Patient Services Specialist
Marjorie Jenkins, M.D.
Marjorie Jenkins , MD received her undergraduate degree in chemical engineering. After
several years in the chemical industry, she attended medical school at East Tennessee
State University . She then completed her residency at the University of Cincinnati
in Cincinnati, Ohio. Dr. Jenkins conducted an internal medicine private practice prior
to pursuing a career in academics.
Dr. Jenkins earned the Special Dean's Award, OB/Gyn Award, and Janet M. Glascow Award,
which is presented to a woman graduating first in her class. She is a member of Phi
Kappa Phi and Alpha Omega Alpha honor societies.
Dr. Jenkins joined TTUHSC with a joint appointment in Internal Medicine/OB-GYN in
June 2001 at the rank of Assistant Professor. Her special focus is women's health.
She is also Medical Director of the University Physicians of Texas Tech-Amarillo Internal
Medicine outpatient clinic.
Dr. Jenkins performs research through the Women's Health Research Institute of Amarillo
at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center . Her current research is directed
toward osteoporosis and postmenopausal hypertension.
Dr. Jenkins philosophy for women's health is "partnership". A physician and patient
are partners to achieve the best health outcomes. She believes good health includes
not only physical health, but mental, emotional, sexual, social, and spiritual health
as well. One of Dr. Jenkins' favorite activities in her role with the Women's Health
Research Institute at Texas Tech is community education. She believes knowledge is
power and by educating women about health issues we empower them.
Catherine Van Hook, MD Assistant Professor, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Doctor of Medicine, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas
- Residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston,
- Certified, American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Certified, International Society for Clinical Densitometry
- Fellow, American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology
Professional Experience and Accomplishments:
- Assistant Professor, Women's HealthCare Group, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology,
University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston Texas
- Assistant Professor, Division of Gynecology, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology,
University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas
- Associate Clinical Medical Director, Obstetrics and Gynecology Clinics, University
Hospital Clinics, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas
- Staff Physician, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Group Health Cooperative
of Puget Sound, Seattle, Washington
- Administrative Chief Resident, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University
of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas
- Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society
Dr. Van Hook has practiced medicine in both the private and academic settings and
is known for her down-to-earth, no-nonsense approach. Dr. Van Hook's specific medical
interests include osteoporosis, teen pregnancy, and numerous women's health issues.
She is also interested in OB/GYN clinical operations and resident education. Dr. Van
Hook enjoys spending time with her family and being outdoors as much as possible.