Certified Public Health Exam
The Certified Public Health (CPH) exam is administered by the National Board of Public Health Examiners (NBPHE). Successful completion of the CPH exam will strengthen a student's academic background in the field of public health. There are many benefits of taking and successfully passing the CPH exam, which are listed below and on the NBPHE website. If you are interested in taking the CPH exam and you would like to meet with a TTUHSC MPH faculty member to discuss any questions you may have, please submit your inquiries on our Contact Form. A TTUHSC MPH faculty member will be happy to schedule an appointment with you to discuss any questions you may have about the CPH exam.
As mentioned on the NBPHE website, benefits of taking the CPH exam include the following:
- Keeps you up to date on best practices and education
- You will be able to meet and maintain a national standard
- Increases recognition of the public health professions
- Completion of the CPH exam demonstrates an investment in your career
- Evidence mastery of public health sciences
- Increases potential for promotions and salary increases
- Distinguishes you from your peers
- Goes beyond your education
- Raises the visibility of public health
Many study resources are available for the CPH exam. Please visit the following links for more information:
For more important information about the CPH exam, please visit the NBPHE website.