The following are some of the GIA's current and recent aging projects and publications.
1. R01 AG042178 Reddy, P. H. (PI) 9/30/2012-04/30/17
" Dynamin-related Protein 1 and Mitochondrial Fragmentation in Alzheimer's Disease".
The purpose of this application is to understand the role of Drp1 in mitochondrial
fragmentation and neuronal damage in Alzheimer's disease.
2. R01 AG047812 grant Reddy, P.H. (P.I) 05/15/2014-4/30/2019
'Voltage-Dependent Anion Channel 1 and Neurodegeneration in Alzheimer's Disease'.
The overall objective of this grant application is to understand the role of voltage-dependent
anion channel 1 in Alzheimer's disease pathogenesis (RECEIVED 1.0 PERCENTILE SCORE
– in the first submission).
1. Zenith Award Fellow (Alzheimer Association) Reddy, P.H. (PI) 12/1/14-11/30/17
'Mitochondria-Targeted Catalase in Lifespan Extension in Alzheimer's Disease'. The
overall goal of this grant application is to understand the gender-based protective
role of mitochondria-targeted catalase in Alzheimer's disease pathogenesis.
2. R01 Grant (NINDS) Reddy PH (PI) 12/01/14-11/30/19
'Mitochondrial Fragmentation and Neurodegeneration in Huntington's Disease'. The objective
of this R01 application is to study mitochondrial fragmentation and neurodegeneration
in Huntington's disease pathogenesis.
1. Medical Research Foundation of Oregon Reddy, P.H. 09/1/2012-8/31/2013
Dynamin-Related Protein 1 and Mitochondrial Fragmentation in Alzheimer's Disease'.
The objective of this application is to understand the role of partial deficiency
of dynamin-related protein 1 in mitochondrial fragmentation, dynamics, synaptic regeneration
and neuronal function in Alzheimer's disease.
2. R01 AG028072 Reddy, P. H. (PI) 07/01/07-06/30/12
"Abeta Toxicity, ROS and Mitochondrial Dysfunction in Aging/Alzheimer's Disease".
The objective of this proposal is to study the role of Amyloid beta in mitochondrial
oxidative damage in Alzheimer's disease.
3. Alzheimer's Association IIRG Reddy, P. H. (PI) 12/01/09-11/30/12
'Neuroprotection and Alzheimer's Disease'. The objective of this study to determine
neuroprotective role of mitochondrially targeted antioxidants in Alzheimer's Disease.
4. Medivation Reddy, P.H. (PI) 09/01/09-08/31/11
'Neuroprotective effects of Dimebon in Alzheimer's disease'. The objective of this
application is to study protective effects of Dimebon in Alzheimer's disease neurons
5. Vertex Pharmaceuticals Reddy, P.H. (PI) 03/01/09-02/28/10
'Mitochondrial-targeted antioxidant therapeutics in Multiple Sclerosis'. The objective
of this project is to determine the neuroprotective effects of MitoQ in experimenal
autoimmune encephalitis mouse model.
6. NIA/NIH (R03 grant) Frerking, M. (PI) 07/01/07 -06/31/09
"Synapse function in a mouse model of Alzheimer's disease". The objective of this
proposal is to identify mechanisms underlying synaptic defects caused by accumulation
of beta-amyloids, which is a major factor in the cognitive impairments in AD. Role
7. KaloBios Pharmaceuticals 04/01/07-12/31/08
Anti-inflammatory effects of granulocyte colony stimulating factor in Alzheimer's
disease mouse models. The objective of this KaloBios Pharmaceuticals sponsored project
was to study the anti-inflammatory effects of granulocyte colony stimulating factor
(GMCSF) antibody in Alzheimer's disease mouse models.
8. NIA/NIH (R03 grant) Reddy, PH (PI) 09/29/03 – 10/30/05
"Development of microarrays for Alzheimer's disease mouse models"
The objective of this research proposal was to develop custom cDNA microarrays for
AD transgenic mice.
9. Alzheimer's Research Alliance of Oregon Reddy, PH (PI) 02/01/03 – 01/31/05
"Molecular and Cellular Mechanisms of Aging"
The objective of this project was to understand the molecular and cellular mechanisms
of the aging process.
10. American Federation for Aging Research ($50,000) Reddy, PH (PI) 07/01/02 – 06/30/04
"Molecular analysis of the synaptopodin gene: A possible genetic link with late-onset
Alzheimer's disease". The aim of this project was to characterize one of the down-regulated
genes, synaptopodin, in the brains of Alzheimer's disease patients and in APP transgenic
11. Alzheimer's Research Alliance of Oregon ($20,000) Reddy, PH (PI) 01/01/01 – 12/31/01
"Unraveling molecular events in Alzheimer's disease mouse models using cDNA microarrays"
The objective of this project was to study gene expression profiles of transcripts
in amyloid precursor protein transgenic mice.
12. Medical Research Foundation of Oregon ($30,000) Reddy, PH (PI) 09/01/03 – 08/30/04
"Role of synaptic elements in Alzheimer's disease"
The purpose of this project was to investigate synaptic damage in the brains of AD
patients and AD transgenic mice.
13. Alzheimer's Disease Center, NIA Grant P30 AG08017 ($45,000) Reddy, PH 04/01/01
– 03/30/02 "Early Neurodegenerative changes in Alzheimer's disease mouse models using
The purpose of this project was to verify amyloid precursor protein transgenic mice
gene expression data using real-time quantitative RT-PCR and in situ hybridization
14. Huntington's Disease Society of America Reddy PH (PI) ($35,000.00) 01/01/99 -
12/31/00 "Patho-mechanisms of Huntington's Disease"
The purpose of this project was to study pathomechanisms of mutant huntingtin in Huntington's
15. Stopes Research Found, Galton Institute, London- Reddy PH (PI) 01/01/91-12/31/92
"Hemoglobin Disorders in a Tribal Population of Central India".
The purpose of this project was to study haemoglobin disorders in tribals of Madhya
1. Reddy PH (2014) Editorial of a special issue – 'Misfolded Proteins, Mitochondrial
Dysfunction and Neurodegenerative Diseases, Biochim Biophys Acta, 1842, 1167.
2. Reddy PH (2014) Increased Mitochondrial Fission, Synaptic Damage, and Neuronal
Dysfunction in Huntington's Disease: Implications for Molecular Inhibitors of Excessive
Mitochondrial Fission. Drug Discovery Today. 19, 951-955.
3. Reddy PH (2014) Inhibitors of mitochondrial fission as a therapeutic strategy for
diseases with oxidative stress and mitochondrial dysfunction Journal of Alzheimer's
Disease 40, 245-256.
4. Mao P, Manczak M, Shirendeb UP and Reddy PH (2013) MitoQ, a mitochondria-targeted
antioxidant delays disease progression and extends lifespan in an experimental autoimmune
encephalomyelitis mouse model of Multiple Sclerosis. Biochim Biophys Acta 1832, 2322-2331.
5. Manczak M and Reddy PH (2013) RNA Silencing of Genes involved in Alzheimer's Disease
Enhance Mitochondrial Function and Synaptic Activity. Biochim Biophys Acta 1832, 2368-2378.
6. Reddy PH (2013) Amyloid beta-induced Glycogen Synthase Kinase 3β phosphorylated
VDAC1 in Alzheimer's Disease: Implications for Synaptic Dysfunction and Neuronal Damage.
Biochim Biophys Acta 1832, 1913-1921.
7. Manczak M, Sheiko T, Craigen WJ and Reddy PH (2013) Reduced VDAC1 Protects Against
Alzheimer's Disease, Mitochondria and Synaptic Deficiencies. Journal of Alzheimer's
Disease 37, 679-690.
8. Manczak M and Reddy PH (2013) Abnormal interaction of oligomeric amyloid beta with
phosphorylated tau: Implications to neuronal damage. Journal of Alzheimer's Disease
9. Mao P, Meshul CK, Thuillier P and Reddy PH (2013) Neurotransmitter CART as a new
therapeutic candidate for Parkinson's disease. Pharmaceuticals 6, 108-123.
10. Reddy PH (2013) Is the mitochondrial outermembrane protein VDAC1 therapeutic target
for Alzheimer's disease? Biochim Biophys Acta. 1832, 67-75.
11. Calkins MJ, Manczak M, Reddy PH (2012) Mitochondria-Targeted Antioxidant SS31
Prevents Amyloid Beta-Induced Mitochondrial Abnormalities and Synaptic Degeneration
in Alzheimer's Disease. Pharmaceuticals (Basel) 5, 1103-1119.
12. Manczak M, Reddy PH (2012) Abnormal interaction of VDAC1 with amyloid beta and
phosphorylated tau causes mitochondrial dysfunction in Alzheimer's disease. Hum Mol
13. Mao P, Manczak M, Calkins MJ, Troung Q, Reddy TP, Reddy AP, Shirendeb UP, Lo HH,
Rabinovitch Reddy PH (2012) Mitochondria-targeted catalase reduces abnormal APP processing,
amyloid beta production, and BACE1 in a mouse model of Alzheimer's disease: Implications
for neuroprotection and lifespan extension. Hum Mol Genet 21, 2973-2990.
14. Kageyama K, Zhang Z, Roda R, Fukaya M, Wakabayashi J, Wakabayashi N, Kensler TW,
Reddy PH, Dawson, TM, Iijima M, and Sesaki H (2012) Mitochondrial Division Ensures
the Survival of Postmitotic Neurons by Suppressing Oxidative Damage. J Cell Biol 197,
15. Manczak M, Sesaki H, Kageyama Y, Reddy PH (2012). Dynamin-related protein 1 heterozygote
knockout mice do not have synaptic and mitochondrial deficiencies. Biochim Biophys
Acta. 1822, 862-874.
16. Manczak M, Reddy PH (2012). Abnormal interaction between the mitochondrial fission
protein Drp1 and hyperphosphorylated tau in Alzheimer's disease neurons: implications
for mitochondrial dysfunction and neuronal damage. Hum Mol Genet. 21, 2538-2547.
17. Reddy PH (2012). Current Status of Therapeutics and Preventive Measures for Patients
wit Thalassaemia and Sickle Cell Disease. Cardiovasc Hematol Agents Med Chem. 10,
18. Mao P, Meshul C, Thuiller P, Goldberg NRS, Reddy PH (2012). CART peptide is a
potential endogenous antioxidant and preferentially localized in mitochondria PLoS
One 7, e29343
19. Reddy PH and Shirendeb UP (2012). Mutant huntingtin, abnormal mitochondrial dynamics,
defective axonal transport of mitochondria, and selective synaptic degeneration in
Huntington's disease. Biochim Biophys Acta 1822,101-110.
20. Mao P, Gallagher P, Nedungadi S, Manczak M, Shirendeb UP, Kohama SG, Ferguson
B, Park BS, Reddy PH (2012). Mitochondrial DNA deletions and differential mitochondrial
DNA content in Rhesus monkeys: Implications for aging. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1822,
21. Reddy PH, Tripathi R, Troung Q, Tirumala K, Reddy TP, Anekonda V, Shirendeb UP,
Calkins MJ, Reddy AP, Mao P, Manczak M (2012). Abnormal mitochondrial dynamics and
synaptic degeneration as early events in Alzheimer's disease: Implications to mitochondria-targeted
antioxidant therapeutics. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1822, 639-639.
22. Shirendeb UP, Calkins M, Manczak M, Anekonda V, Dufour B, McBride J, Mao P and
Reddy PH (2012) Mutant huntington's association with mitochondria protein Drp1, and
impaired axonal transport of mitochondria in Huntington's disease neurons. Hum Mol
Genet 21, 406-420.
23. Calkins MJ, Manczak M, Mao P, Shirendeb U and Reddy PH (2011) Impaired mitochondrial
biogenesis, defective axonal transport of mitochondria, abnormal mitochondrial dynamics
and synaptic degeneration in a mouse model of Alzheimer's disease. Hum Mol Genet 20,
24. Ricoy UM, Mao P, Manczak M, Reddy PH, Frerking ME (2011) A transgenic mouse model
for Alzheimer's disease has impaired synaptic gain but normal synaptic dynamics. Neurosci
Lett 500, 212-215.
25. Reddy PH (2011) Abnormal tau, mitochondrial dysfunction, impaired axonal transport
of mitochondria, and synaptic deprivation in Alzheimer's disease. Brain Res 1415:136-148.
26. Mao P, Reddy PH (2011) Aging and amyloid beta-induced oxidative DNA damage and
mitochondrial dysfunction in Alzheimer's disease: Implications for early intervention
and therapeutics. Biochim Biophys Acta 1812, 1359-1370.
27. Calkins MJ, Reddy PH (2011) Assessment of newly synthesized mitochondrial DNA
using BrdU labeling in primary neurons from Alzheimer's disease mice: Implications
for impaired mitochondrial biogenesis and synaptic damage. Biochim Biophys Acta 1812,
28. Reddy PH, Reddy TP (2011) Mitochondria as a Therapeutic Target for Aging and Neurodegenerative
Diseases. Curr Alzheimer Res 8, 393-409.
29. Reddy PH (2011) Mitochondrial Dysfunction and Oxidative Stress in Asthma: Implications
for Mitochondria-Targeted Antioxidant Therapeutics. Pharmaceuticals (Basel)m4, 429-456.
30. Manczak M, Calkins MJ, Reddy PH (2011) Impaired mitochondrial dynamics and abnormal
interaction of amyloid beta with mitochondrial protein Drp1 in neurons from patients
with Alzheimer's disease: implications for neuronal damage. Hum Mol Genet 20, 2495-2509.
31. Reddy TP, Manczak M, Calkins MJ, Mao P, Reddy AP, Shirendeb U, Park B, Reddy PH
(2011) Toxicity of neurons treated with herbicides and neuroprotection by mitochondria-targeted
antioxidant SS31. Int J Environ Res Public Health 8, 203-221.
32. Shirendeb U, Reddy AP, Manczak M, Calkins MJ, Mao P, Tagle DA, Reddy PH (2011)
Abnormal mitochondrial dynamics, mitochondrial loss and mutant huntingtin oligomers
in Huntington's disease: implications for selective neuronal damage. Hum Mol Genet
33. Calkins MJ, Reddy PH (2011) Amyloid beta impairs mitochondrial anterograde transport
and degenerates synapses in Alzheimer's disease neurons. Biochim Biophys Acta 1812,
34. Reddy PH, Reddy TP, Manczak M, Calkins MJ, Shirendeb U, Mao P (2011) Dynamin-related
protein 1 and mitochondrial fragmentation in neurodegenerative diseases. Brain Res
Rev 67, 103-118.
35.Reddy PH, M Manczak, P Mao, Calkins M, Reddy AP, Shirendeb U (2010) Amyloid-β and
Mitochondria in Aging and Alzheimer's Disease: Implications for Synaptic Damage and
Cognitive Decline J. Alzheimer's Disease 20 Suppl 2:S499-512.
36. M Manczak, P Mao, Calkins M, A Cornea, Reddy AP, M Murphy, HH Szeto, Park BS and
PH Reddy (2010) Mitochondria-targeted antioxidants protect against Abeta toxicity
in Alzheimer's disease neurons J. Alzheimer's Disease 20 Suppl 2:S609-631.
37. P Mao and PH Reddy (2010) Is Multiple Sclerosis a Mitochondrial Disease? Biochim
Biophys Act 1802, 66-79.
38. PH Reddy, M Manczak, K Nakamura, P Mao, Bebbington C, Yarranton G and W Zhao (2009)
Neutralization of the granulocyte macrophage colony-stimulating factor suppresses
microglia activity: Implications for anti-inflammatory effects in Alzheimer's Disease
and Multiple Sclerosis. Journal of Neurochemistry 111, 1514-1528.
39. PH Reddy (2009) Role of Mitochondria in neurodegenerative diseases: Mitochondria
as a therapeutic target in Alzheimer's disease. CNS Sprectrums 14:8 (Suppl 7) 8-13.
40. M Manczak, P Mao, K Nakamura, C Bebbington, BS Park and PH Reddy (2009) Neutralization
of granulocyte macrophage colony stimulating factor decreases Amyloid beta 1-42 and
suppresses microglial activity in transgenic mouse model of Alzheimer's Disease. Hum
Mol Genet 18, 3876-3893.
41. PH Reddy, P Mao and M Manczak (2009) Mitochondrial structural and functional dynamics
in Huntington's disease. Brain Research Reviews 61, 33-48.
42. PH Reddy (2009) Amyloid beta, mitochondrial structural and functional dynamics
in Alzheimer's disease. Experimental Neurology Invited article 218, 2286-2292.
43. PH Reddy (2008) Mitochondrial Medicine for Aging and Neurodegenerative Diseases.
NeuroMolecular Med. 10, 291-315.
44. PH Reddy and MF Beal (2008) Amyloid beta, mitochondrial dysfunction and synaptic
damage: implications to cognitive decline in aging and Alzheimer's disease. Invited
article by Trends in Molecular Medicine 14, 45-53 (Invited).
45. PH Reddy (2007) Mitochondrial dysfunction in aging and Alzheimer's disease: Strategies
to Protect Neurons. Invited Article by Antioxidants & Redox Signaling 9, 1647-1658
46. MF Beal, E Bossy-Wetzel, S Finkbeiner, G Fiskum, B Giasson, C Johnson, ZS Khachaturian,
VM.-Y. Lee, D Nicholls, PH Reddy, IJ Reynolds, DB. Teplow, LJ. Thal, JQ Trojanowski,
DM Walsh, R Wetzel, NS Wexler, AB Young, Bain L (2006). Common Threads in Neurodegenerative
Disorders of Aging. Alzheimer's & Dementia 4, 322-326.
47. M Manczak, TS Anekonda, BS Park, E Henson, J Quinn and PH Reddy (2006). Mitochondria
are a direct site of Aβ accumulation in Alzheimer's disease: implications for free
radical generation and oxidative damage in disease progression. Hum Mol Genet 15,
48. PH Reddy (2006) Mitochondrial oxidative damage in aging and Alzheimer's disease:
implications to mitochondrially targeted antioxidants. Journal of Biomedicine and
Biotechnology, Volume 2006, Article ID 31372, 13 pages (Invited).
49. PH Reddy and S McWeeney (2006) Mapping cellular transcriptosomes in autopsied
Alzheimer's disease brain subjects and in relevant animal models. Neurobiology of
Aging 27, 1060-1077.
50. TS Anekonda and PH Reddy (2006) Neuronal protection by Sirtuins in Alzheimer's
Disease. Journal of Neurochemistry. 96, 305-313.
51. PH Reddy (2006) Amyloid precursor protein mediated free radical generation: implications
to development and progression of Alzheimer's disease. Journal of Neurochemistry 96,
52. TS Anekonda and PH Reddy (2005) Can herbs provide a new generation of drugs for
Alzheimer's Disease?. Brain Research Reviews 50, 361-376.
53. PH Reddy and MF Beal (2005) Are mitochondria critical in the pathogenesis of Alzheimer's
disease. Brain Research Reviews. 49, 618-632.
54. JA Sayer, M Manczak, L Akilesawran PH Reddy and V Coghlan (2005) Interaction of
the nuclear matrix protein NAKAP with HypA and Huntingtin. Implications for nuclear
toxicity in Huntington's disease pathogenesis. NeuroMolecular Med. 7, 297-310.
55. PH Reddy, G Mani, BS Park, J Jacques, G Murdoch, W Whetsell Jr., JA Kaye, and
M Manczak (2005) Differential loss of synaptic proteins in Alzheimer's disease: Implications
for synaptic dysfunction. Journal of Alzheimer's Disease 7, 103-117.
56. M Manczak, Y Jung, BS Park, D Partovi and PH Reddy (2005) Time-course mitochondrial
gene expressions in mice brains: Implications to mitochondrial dysfunction, oxidative
damage and cytochrome c release in aging. Journal of Neurochemistry 92, 494-504.
57. RV Gutala and PH Reddy (2004). The use of real-time PCR analysis in a gene expression
study of Alzheimer's disease postmortem brains. Journal of Neurosci Methods 132,101-107.
58. M Manczak, BS Park, Y Jung and PH Reddy (2004) Differential expression of oxidative
phosphorylation genes in Alzheimer's disease patients: Implications for early mitochondrial
dysfunction and oxidative damage. NeuroMolecular Med 5, 147-162.
59. PH Reddy, S McWeeney, M Manczak, BS Park, RV Gutala, Y Jung, Yau V, R Searles,
M Mori and J Quinn (2004) Gene expression profiles of transcripts in amyloid precursor
protein transgenic Mice: Upregulation of mitochondrial metabolism and apoptotic genes
is an early cellular change in Alzheimer's disease. Published in Hum Mol Genet 13,
60. VV Senatorv, V Charles, PH Reddy, DA Tagle, and D-M Chuang (2003) Abnormal expression
of lutaraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase in a transgenic mouse model of Huntington's
disease. Molecular and Cellular Neuroscience 22, 285-297.
61. GA Laforet, E Sapp, K Chase, C McIntyre, FM Boyce, M Campbell, BA Cadigan, L Warzecki,
DA Tagle, PH Reddy, C Cepeda, CR Calvert, ES Jokel, GJ Clapstein, MA Ariano, MS Levine,
M DiFiglia, Aronin NA (2001) Changes in Cortical and striatal neurons predict behavioral
and electrophysiological abnormailities in a transgenic murine model of Huntington's
disease. Journal of Neuroscience. 21, 9112-9123.
62. A Savanenin, Y Sun, PH Reddy and YF Liu (2001) Polyglutamine expanded Huntingtin
promotes sensitization of NMDA receptor via post-synaptic associated protein 95. Journal
of Biological Chemistry 276, 24713-24718.
63. P. Guidetti, V Charles, Er-Yun Chen, PH Reddy, HJ Kordewer, WO Whetsell Jr., R
Schwarcz and DA Tagle (2001) Early degenerative changes in transgenic mice expressing
mutant huntingtin involve dendritic abnormalities but no impairment of mitochondrial
energy production Exp Neurol 169, 340-350.
64. P Guidetti, PH Reddy, DA Tagle and R Schwarcz (2000) Early Kynurenergic impairment
in Huntington's disease and in a transgenic mouse model. Neurosci lett 283, 233-235.
65. SS Mastana, PH Reddy, MK Das, and PA Reddy (2000). Molecular genetic diversity
in five populations in India. Hum Biol 72, 499-510.
66. V Charles, E Mezey, PH Reddy, A Deheja, , MH Polymeropoulos, M Brownstein and
DA Tagle (2000) In vivo interaction of alpha synuclein protein with huntingtin. Neurosci
Lett 289, 28-32.
67. PH Reddy, V Charles, M. Williams, G. Miller, WO Whetsell Jr, and DA Tagle (1999)
Transgenic mice expressing mutated full-length cDNA: A paradigm for locomotor changes
and selective neuronal loss in Huntington's Disease. Phil Trans Royal Socie 1386,
68. PH Reddy, M. Williams and DA Tagle (1999) Recent advances in understanding Huntington's
Disease pathogenesis. Trend Neurosci 22, 248-255.
69. M Kim, HS Lee, G LaFooret, C McIntyre, EJ Martin, P Chang, TW Kim, P Bhide, M
Williams, PH Reddy DA Tagle, FM Boyce, L Won, A Heller, N Aronin and M DiFiglia (1999)
Mutant huntingtin expressing in clonal striatal cells: Effects of caspase inhibition
on inclusion formation and neuronal survival. J Neurosci 19, 964-973.
70. PH Reddy, M Williams, V Charles, L Garrett, LP Buchanan, WO Whetsell Jr, G Miller
and DA Tagle (1998) Behavioral abnormalities and selective neuronal loss in transgenic
mice expressing mutated full-length HD cDNA. Nat Genet 20, 198-202.
71. PH Reddy and B Modell (1997) The Baigas of Madhya Pradesh: a demographic study.
Journal of Biosocial Science 29, 19-31.
72. PH Reddy and B Modell (1996) Reproductive behaviour and natural selection for
the sickle cell gene: the role of social parenting. Annals of Human Genetics 60, 231-236.
73. SS Mastana, R Calderon, J Pena, PH Reddy, and SS Papiha (1998) Anthropology of
Apolipoprotein (Apo E) gene: low frequency of ApoE4 allele in Basque and tribal (Baiga)
populations of India. Annal Hum Biol. 25, 137-143.
74. PH Reddy, E Stockburger, P Gillevet and DA Tagle (1997) Characterization of novel
(CAG)n repeat containing cDNAs from adult human brain derived by oligo capture method.
Genomics 46, 174-182.
75. JS Kaeda, GP Chotray, MR Ranjit, PH Reddy, D Stevens, JM Naidu, RP Britt, TJ Vulliamy,
L Luzzatto and PJ Mason (1995) A new glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase (G6PD) variant,
G6PD Orissa (44 Ala-Gly), is the major polymorphic variant in tribal populations in
India. American Journal of Human Genetics 57, 1335-1341.
76. PH Reddy, M Petrou, PA Reddy, RS Tiwary, and B Modell (1995) Hereditary anaemias
and iron deficiency in a tribal population (the Baiga) of Central India. Eur J Haematol
77. PH Reddy and B Modell (1995). Consanguinity and reproductive behaviour in a tribal
population "the Baiga" in Madhya Pradesh, India. Annal Hum Biol. 22, 235-246.
78. PH Reddy and RS Tedder (1995). Hepatitis virus markers in the Baiga tribal population
of Madhya Pradesh, India. Trans Royal Socie Trop Med and Hyg 89, 260.7.
79. PH Reddy and SS Mastana (1995). Genetic variation of serum proteins (GC, TF and
PI) subtypes in the Baigas of Madhya Pradesh, India. Anthrolopogical Anziener 53,
80. PH Reddy and B Modell (1992). Hereditary anaemias and tribal populations in India.
Galton Institute Newsletter 4, 5
1. PH Reddy (2010) Neurogenetics of Aging (Chapter 3) in Clinical Neurology of Aging
Edited by Martin Albert Janice Knoefel, Oxford University Publications.
2. PH Reddy, V Charles, WO Whetsell Jr and DA Tagle (2001). Behavioural changes and
selective neuronal loss in full-length transgenic mouse models for Huntington Disease.
Edited by PS Harper and M Perutz. In, polyglutamine repeats and neurodegenerative
diseases. Oxford University Publications, Pages 41-64.
3. PH Reddy and DA Tagle (1999). The Biology of Trinucleotide repeat diseases. Edited
by M. Mattson. In, Genetic aberrancies and neurodegenerative diseases. (Jai Publications),
Advances in Cell Aging and Gerontology, Volume 3, Pages 33-79.