Cortext - HIPAA Compliant Texting
1. Contact the IT Solution Center at (806) 743-1234 or by email at ITSolutions @ttuhsc.edu
2. Provide your eRaider and department affiliation to the IT Solution Center Technician
3. While you wait, download the Cortext Mobile app
4. Wait for IT to send a confirmation email that account has been set up
5. Log into Cortext using eRaider and password
There are a number of requirements identified in the HIPAA legislation for electronic communication of PHI. These include regulations on encryption, authentication, archiving and auditing of information. Cortext combines the convenience of text messaging while meeting all enterprise-class security requirements of any organization, all backed up by the Business Associate Agreement from Imprivata.
1. Before you attempt to sign into Cortext, please ensure that you have contacted the IT Solution Center and requested access
2. Go to the Cortext webpage or app and sign in with ‘your eRaider username’@ttuhsc.edu, and your eRaider password.
Yes. Users can log into Cortext from any workstation and send messages to any Cortext user.
Cortext is an iPhone, Android and web-based application that uses its own secure cloud-based architecture to send text and picture messages between users. Cortext is not SMS and does not use SMS technology – although it looks and feels pretty much the same to users. Cortext uses a number of encryption technologies to ensure information is sent and stored securely while giving care providers a user experience that’s as simple as their regular texting app.
We're here to help. Contact us if you have questions.