Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion Committee
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center is committed to creating learning and working environments that are comprised of individuals of all social and intrinsic identities and backgrounds. TTUHSC strives to foster diversity, equity, and inclusion through the removal of barriers for historically marginalized individuals to continue creating greater access. In an effort to continue transforming healthcare through innovation and collaboration, TTUHSC will cultivate a climate that is intentional, welcoming, and affirming of each individual. Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center will serve and continue to serve as a community for culturally competent healthcare that considers individuals from all walks of life.
The Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee (“Committee”) will guide and hold the institution accountable on matters related to diversity, equity, and inclusion at the Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center.
Individuals interested in serving on the DEI Committee should embrace our TTUHSC Values and be able to commit to the following statements:
- I value diversity of life experiences, perspectives, and worldviews. (One Team)
- I will be an agent for change in our TTUHSC community. (Visionary, Beyond Service)
- I will examine my own biases and beliefs and embrace the discomfort of this important work. I am open to receiving feedback when my biases and beliefs are not in alignment with the value of promoting dignity and respect for others. (Integrity, Visionary)
- I will promote dialogue and have critical conversations. (One Team)
- I will listen first, acknowledge my peers, and be empathetic to viewpoints different from my own. (Kindhearted)
- I will assume good intentions while considering and addressing the impact of actions rather than focusing on intentions alone. (One Team, Kindhearted)
- I value the humanity of others and pledge to stand with others when the value of others is not fostered. (One Team, Beyond Service)
- I will be courageous in the face of adversity, willing to confront and challenge controversial issues. (Visionary)
Applications to serve on the DEI Committee are currently closed.
Jody Randall, DEI Committee Chair
(806) 743 - 4195