TTUHSC Financial Aid
HomeFinancial Aid

Frequently Asked Questions


What is a Tax Return Transcript and where can I get one?

A tax return transcript shows most line items from your tax return (forms 1040, 1040A, or 1040EZ) as it was originally filed with the IRS. You can obtain your transcript by following these instructions

Tax Return Transcript      Tax Return Transcript

Which FAFSA should I fill out to receive summer financial aid?

The summer of 2015 is the first semester of the 2015-2016 school year. Please submit the 2015-2016 FAFSA

What's new for 2015-2016?

Every student will now now be asked to answer a set of questions in Web Raider pertaining to their expected hours of enrollment, potential incarceration, and military housing status. All questions must be answered before financial aid can be awarded. This requirement can be completed on Web Raider by following these instructions:

1. Select Link-"TTUHSC Student Financial Aid Information".
2. Select Link-"Documentation Requested and Submitted".
3. Select Link-"Student Requirements" and Select Aid Year option 2015-2016.
4. Complete any Unsatisfied Requirements in "Required" status.

As of May 10, 2015, the Department of Education will begin a new FAFSA login process for students and parents.Students/Parents will be required to create FSA ID and password. The PIN will no longer be used. The Department of Education estimates the registration process with take about 7 minutes to complete.

What is the school code for the Health Sciences Center?

The school code is 016024 for all of the Health Sciences Center locations. 

How much have I borrowed in federal student loans?

The National Student Loan Database (NSLDS) tracks all federal student loans a student has received at all schools that they have attended. Use your FSA ID to login.

Why have my student loans not disbursed to pay my bill?

In order for student loans to disburse you must be registered at least 1/2 time (6 hours for undergraduates, and 5 hours for graduates). You must also have completed Entrance Counseling and a Master Promissory Note at If you have met these requirements and still need assistance please contact our office at 806-743-3025.

Where can I find my “R number”?

Your Raider ID Number will be listed at the top of the screen, underneath your name, when you login to the Web Raider Portal.

My lender is billing me. How can I verify that I am still attending school?

If you are enrolled at least ½ time (6 hours for undergraduates, and 5 hours for graduates), you can contact the Registrar’s Office to request a Verification of Enrollment.

When will I get my financial aid refund?

Student Business Services processes refunds within 24-48 hours of financial aid disbursements. Once your refund is initiated, you should receive your check or direct deposit within 2-3 business days. If it has been longer than 2-3 business days please contact Student Business Services at 806-743-7867.

How can I consolidate my student loans?

Get more information at one of the following links:

Do I need to include my parents’ information on the FAFSA?

If you are in a Graduate or Professional program you are not required to include your parents’ information.

What is a 1098-T, and where can I get one?

The 1098-T is a Tuition  Payments Statement that institutions issue for the purpose of determining a student’s eligibility for the Hope and Lifetime Learning education tax credits.

Get your 1098-T 

Do I need to be admitted to the school to apply for financial aid?

No. You may submit the FAFSA at anytime with our school code (016024).

How often do I need to apply for financial aid?

You will need to submit a new FAFSA prior to the start of each school year.

How much am I eligible to borrow?

The amount you are eligible to borrow depends on a number of factors. First your "financial need" must be determined by your school. This is the result of the cost of attendance less your expected family contribution (calculated from your FAFSA) less any other financial aid you have been awarded. In addition, each loan program has limits to the amount you can borrow for an academic year. The first step in determining eligibility is to apply for financial aid, complete the FAFSA. From this information, the school will work with you to generate an award package specifically for you.

Where does the money come from?

U.S. Department of Education

Title IV Programs - (Most Federal financial aid is provided through the Department of Education.)

Department of Health and Human Services

State Financial Aid - Texas

Institutional Financial Aid - Scholarships

  • Funds are available, but limited. Contact your school's Student Affairs Office for more information.

Other / Outside Sources of Financial Aid

(Note: Service commitments are often required.)

Alternative / Private Loan Programs:

  •  A number of market rate loan programs are available to health profession students through the private sector. This information is neither an endorsement of any program nor a complete listing of available programs. Verify the accuracy of the information with private loan program officials.

I received an outside scholarship. Should I report it to the financial aid office?

Yes. If you are receiving financial aid, you must report the scholarship to the financial aid office. The university will adjust your financial aid package to compensate. The outside scholarship is beneficial. Normally, your student loan eligibility will be reduced and replaced with your scholarship funds. This reduces the amount of money you will have to repay when you leave school or graduate.

How much is my tuition?

For tuition and fee information, contact Student Business Services at 806.743.7867, or email 

What are my rights and responsibilities?

Your Rights:

• To know what financial aid programs are available at TTUHSC.

• To know the deadlines for submitting the appropriate applications for each financial aid program that is available.

• To know how your financial need was determined, including, how various expenses in your budget are considered.

• To know what resources are considered in the calculation of your award.

• To request an explanation of the programs in your financial aid package.

• To consult with the Financial Aid Office staff concerning your financial aid application, budgeting and/or financial problems which might arise.

Your Responsibilities:

• To complete all application forms accurately and submit them on time.

• To provide correct information. Mis-reporting information can be a violation of federal law and may be an indictable criminal offense.

• To provide additional documentation, verification, information, or corrections as requested by the Financial Aid Office.

• To read, understand and retaining copies of all forms you sign.

• To accept responsibility for all agreements that you sign.

• To understand the sources of financial aid you receive and whether the aid is a loan, grant or scholarship. If the aid is a loan, you must know to whom repayment is to be made and the terms of repayment.

• To keep the Financial Aid Office informed of your correct address at all times, during school and after graduation until all loans are repaid.

• To inform the Financial Aid Office of status changes, such as marriage, divorce, childbirth, employment of self or spouse, etc.

• To arrange for an exit interview with the Financial Aid Office prior to your separation from TTUHSC, either by graduation or withdrawal.

What is the tuition refund policy of the TTUHSC?

Students that withdraw from TTUHSC may be eligible for a partial refund of tuition and fees paid for that semester. The refund policy can be viewed in its entirety by viewing the Student Financial Information on Student Business Service's website

What happens to my financial aid if I withdrawal from school?

It is important for students who receive financial aid and don’t complete the semester/term (withdraw, drop all courses, receive all F’s, etc.) to understand the impact this will have on the aid released and the continued financial aid eligibility. 

The requirements for Title IV program funds are determined by the Department of Education and are different and separate from the university's tuition refund policy. As such, you mare responsible for unpaid institutional charges remaining after the refund calculation. You are also responsible for charges/balances created by the returning of Title IV program funds that the school was required to return. 

Federal Refund and Repayment calculations must be performed for students who receive Title IV funds (Federal Pell, Federal SEOG, Federal Perkins or Federal Direct Loans) and who:

  • officially withdraw from all courses,
  • drop out of all courses,
  • are expelled,
  • take an approved leave of absence,
  • take an unapproved leave of absence,
  • fail to return from an approved leave of absence prior to the 60% date of the term,
  • receive grades of all "F" for a semester/term, 
  • or, other actions in which the students enrollment and or attendance cease.

A student's withdrawal date (last date of attendance) is:

  • the date the student initiates the official withdrawal process, or the
  • date the student ceased attendance without providing official notification (unofficial withdrawal) , or the
  • date of the student's last date of attendance based on documented academically related activity.

All unearned aid must be returned to the federal aid programs as determined by the Federal Refund and Repayment calculations.

Unofficial Withdrawal:

Any student who fails to complete each of the steps of the withdrawal procedure and/or follow the proper check out procedures to officially withdraw from the university will receive a grade of "F" in the applicable class(es). Students receiving financial assistance who are in this situation may be in danger of immediate repayment or collections of student loans / financial aid.

The Federal Formula:

The Federal Formula is applicable to any student receiving federal aid, if the student withdrawals on or before the 60% point in the term. After this point in the term the student has earned 100% of the Title IV funds released for the term. 

How the calculation works:

  • 1) Number of days attended ÷ Days in semester = % of semester completed
  • 2) Total $ disbursed X % completed = Earned $
  • 3) Total $ disbursed - Earned $ = $ to be returned

If you have questions about your Title IV program funds, you can call the Federal Student Aid Information Center at 1-800-4-FEDAID(1-800-433-3243). TTY users may call 1-800-730-8913. Information is also available on Student Aid on the Web.

 How do I get my VA benefits?

Students should contact the VA Coordinator in the Registrar's Office at (806)743-2300.