Applying for Financial Aid
The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) constitutes the basic financial aid application and is required if you wish to be
considered for all federal, state or university financial aid and scholarships. The
FAFSA must be submitted once per year and each new aid year at TTUHSC starts in the
Please note the following information when submitting your FAFSA:
Texas Tech University is a separate institution from the Texas Tech University Health
Sciences Center. If your plans include transferring from TTU to TTUHSC, you will need
to complete the TTUHSC financial aid process.
The TTUHSC federal school code is 016024.
Students are encouraged to use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool to enter tax information.
Verification & Missing Information
Once you have submitted the FAFSA, your Student Aid Report (SAR) will indicate if
additional supporting documents may be required for verification, and these documents
will vary for each student.
Even if the student is not selected for verification, additional information may be
requested to complete the student's file. All students will be asked to complete the
Expected Enrollment Questionnaire.
All requests for additional documents or information will be sent to the student's
TTUHSC email account. To view and complete any additional documents or information,
please follow these instructions.
- Login to Web Raider and select the HSC MyTECH tab.
- Scroll to the Manage My Finances section and select "Documentation Requested and Submitted".
- Select "Student Requirements".
- Select the appropriate aid year from the drop down menu and click "Submit".
- Complete items listed in a "required" status.
**Please include the student's student ID (R#) at the top of all documents you submit
to our office. The forms and data should all be legible and must be received by the
deadline specified when the request was made. If citizenship documentation is required,
be sure to read the instructions provided through Web Raider. If you have not been
assigned an eRaider ID, login to Merlin to review the documents that are required. Failure to submit all required documents
and information could result in a delay of financial funding.
Once the student has completed their financail aid file by answering the Expected
Enrollment Questionnaire and any other supporting documetns, the student will receive
an award notice via ther TTUHSC email account. The notice will include a link to Web Raider, where the student can view and accept their financial aid award eligibility.
Award Acceptance & Disbursements
Per the instructions in the award notice, you may view and accept your awards by following
- Login to Web Raider and select the "HSC MYTech" tab.
- Scroll to the "Manage My Finances" section and select "View/Accept Aid Package".
- Select the appropriate aid year and click "Submit".
- Select the "Accept Award Offer" tab.
- Accept the aid you wish to receive and click "Submit Decision". (Grants are automatically
accepted and there is no action required by the student.)
- If you accept a student loan, please visit www.StudentLoans.gov to complete Entrance Counseling and a Master Promissory Note.
For students who have accepted their aid and completed all of the necessary requirements,
our office will start disbursing financial aid to students' tuition and fee accounts
approximately 10 days prior to the start of classes each semester.