Mail Services: Mail Formatting
- Using the USPS approved format below will ensure the fastest sorting and delivery
of your mail.
- The standardized format includes using all capital letters without punctuation, a
uniform left margin, with secondary addresses such as room or apartment numbers on
the address line if possible.
- If mailing to an individual at a business, the recipient name is on the first line,
above the name of the business.
- Mail with dual addresses (both a street address and post office box) is delivered
to the address immediately above the city and state. If both addresses are included
on the same line, the P.O. Box is the delivery point.
- The zip code must correspond to the address directly above the city and state.
COMPANY OR BUSINESS NAME
STREET ADDRESS SUITE/ROOM/APT #
CITY STATE ZIP CODE
- The return address does not require the sender's name, but a clear designation of
the address for undeliverable, returned mail must be evident.
- This includes name or department, address and/or P.O. Box, STOP number, city, state,
and zip code.
- All mail presented to Mail Services for postage must bear an official TTUHSC return
YOUR NAME OR DEPARTMENT
3601 4TH STREET STOP XXXX
LUBBOCK TX 79430-XXXX
Departmental and Texas Tech University Campus Mail
- Departmental and TTU campus mail must bear the recipient's name, department, and mail
- Mail sent to any other campus will be sent USPS first class mail and should be fully addressed.
- Encourage all correspondents to use complete addresses when mailing items to the Health
- Complete and properly formatted mail moves through the US Postal Service system faster
than mail that must be hand sorted.
- Incoming mail without the appropriate addressing requirements, including STOP number,
may be delayed or returned to sender.
- The following is the USPS accepted format for addressing mail to the Health Sciences
3601 4TH ST STOP XXXX
LUBBOCK TX 79430-XXXX (STOP NUMBER)