Compensation, Benefits & Advantages
The Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center offers many benefits and programs to care for our team members and their families.
As a state institution, TTUHSC provides comprehensive insurance benefits and retirement plans. And as a premier health care system, leading institution of education and research and employer of choice, TTUHSC invests in the growth and development of our team members. We are committed to promoting an innovative environment and supportive community. MORE INFORMATION FOR PROSPECTIVE EMPLOYEES »
To equip you for lasting success and well-being, TTUHSC provides many resources designed to support your personal and professional growth, including:
- Comprehensive health plans and other core insurance
- State Retirement Programs and Pension Options
- Retiree Insurance for lifetime medical benefits
- Continuing Education & Lifelong Learning Programs
- Tuition scholarships for employees and their dependents
- Leadership and Professional Development Programs
- Mental and Physical Wellness Programs
While compensation is commensurate upon the individual qualifications and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, TTUHSC compensation plans and packages are designed to recruit, retain and reward talented, high-performing team members.
- Longevity pay for team members with two or more years of service
- Paid leave, including vacation and sick leave, and 12-15 paid holidays annually
- For detailed position compensation practices, reference the TTUHSC pay plan
Advantages & Perks
Being a TTUHSC employee means being part of a diverse and supportive community, with each campus offering its own unique advantages, facilities and cultural and academic events. Employees also enjoy a variety of perks, like discounts on travel, technology and entertainment. Explore just a few of the advantages of being a TTUHSC employee:
- Faculty & Staff Clinic with on-site pharmacy
- Mother Friendly Workplace
- Access to the Texas Tech Recreation and Aquatic Center at reduced Campus Member rate
- Access to the Preston Smith Library, and all associated digital and print journals, publications and resources
- Access to industry software, including Adobe Creative Cloud and Microsoft Office 365
- In-person and digital events, including webinars, symposiums and continuing education opportunities
- Texas Tech Athletics season tickets available at a discounted rate
- Texas Tech faculty and staff receive a discount on any new membership at the Rawls Golf Course
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Provided to all eligible faculty, staff and their eligible household family members who are seeking consultation and therapeutic services. This benefit includes free and confidential counseling sessions for depression, anxiety, family conflict, identity issues and more. These services are provided by experienced, licensed, on-staff counselors with the Counseling Center at TTUHSC.
Discount Purchase Program
TTUHSC employees can take advantage of discounts on computers, cell phone plans, dining, travel and more, offered through Beneplace, the state employee Discount Purchase Program.