Lync 2010 Help and Training
Self-Install Instructions Installing Microsoft Lync 2010
- For assistance installing LYNC on institutional Macintosh computers please contact
your local IT Support or the IT Solution Center (806)-743-1234
- This installation method will work for all institutional PC’s on the following campuses:
Lubbock, Abilene, Amarillo, Permian Basin, and Dallas. For installation of LYNC on machines belonging to the El Paso campus, please contact the El Paso Help Desk at (915)-215-4111.
Click to view pdf version.
- Type https://lubkace01.ttuhsc.edu in the address bar of your browser.
- On the Organization drop down box, select the corresponding dropdown for your region. If you are located in Permian Basin, please select Odessa IT. For example, if you are in Lubbock, select LUBBOCK IT PC SUPPORT.
- Type your eRaider username into the Login (username) field. Enter your eRaider password into the password field. Once complete, click Login.
- Once you login, you should be greeted with the Software Library tab.
- Please click the version of Lync 2010 that corresponds to your Operating System. If you are running Windows XP, you will most likely need Lync 2010 32-bit.
Note: If unsure of the Operating System, click Check OS Version and click Install Now. You will get a prompt that will tell you if you have 32-bit or 64-bit. Click Ok, and go back to the Software Library and select the corresponding Lync 2010 for your Operating System.
- Click Install Now to begin the installation.
- It can take up to three minutes for the installation to complete.
- Lync may open during the installation and you will receive the following prompt. Please acknowledge the following and click OK to finish the installation. Lync 2010 will close and update automatically.
- Once you receive the following prompt, the Lync Installation is complete. A restart
may be required to enable all features of Microsoft Lync. In order to use Lync, you will need to find it in your Start Menu. If you receive any error messages regarding the installation, please contact the
IT Solution Center at 806-743-1234. Provide them with your computer name and any error
messages you may receive.