OU Campus Content Management System
When in edit or preview mode whether the page is checked out to the current user or
not, or when editing a page within the WYSIWYG Editor, several utilities are available
at the top of the screen in the form of the Page Actions toolbar. The available actions
differ depending upon page status, access settings, and other configuration options.
The Page Actions toolbar can include the following functionality:
- Preview: Displays the page in preview mode, which includes the selection of output type;
for example, HTML or PDF, and makes available the server choice drop-down.
- Edit: Displays the page in edit mode, which includes editable regions. Checking out the
page shows additional utilities.
- Properties: Properties provides access to editing various other page items. A page or file must
be checked out to view or update parameters. Once clicked, the menu items under Properties
include the functionality for Parameters, MultiEdit Content, RSS, Analytics, Access,
and the Log, as applicable.
- Versions: Used to view the committed versions of the page; available when checked out to the
- Page Check: If configured, clicking the Page Check icon displays the Page Check dialog with
the ability to run any available page checks; available when the page is checked out
to the current user.
- Save Version: Allows for the user to save a version of the current page, which is a useful action
to perform before other actions such as a find and replace; available when the page
is checked out to the current user.
- Check Out/In/Lock: Allows for a page to be checked out by the current user or, if checked out to the
current user, the current user can check the page back in. If the page is checked
out to another user, a lock is shown.
- Publish: After choosing an editable region and editing the page, the Publish button is available
once the page is saved. The split button for publishing includes access to the Publish
dialog and its functionality as well as the available actions associated with a publish.
These include Schedule, Submit for Approval, and Expire.
- Server Drop-Down: The Server drop-down gives the user the option to view the site as it currently
looks on the published production server, or from the staging server.
- Multi-Browser Preview: Multi-Browser Preview provides cross-browser, cross-platform rendering of web pages
prior to publishing to the production server or publish target.
Example of Page Actions Toolbar (Preview Mode and Checked Out)
Example of Page Actions Toolbar (Preview Mode and Checked In)
Example of File Actions Toolbar for an Image (Edit Mode and Checked Out)
Example of Page Actions Toolbar (Preview Mode and Publish Scheduled)
Once you have saved the page, you may wish to proceed with the Publishing process.
If you have no approver, or you are at the end of an approval sequence, you will see
the "Publish" dropdown options. For more information about each action, please click
on the appropriate button or follow one of the following links: