The Technology Services (TS) department of the Information Technology Division provides
the institution with services in the areas of server administration, networking, data
storage, video-conferencing, and systems management. Technology services provide and
- A high-speed ATM or Gigabit Ethernet network infrastructure at all campus locations.
- Institutional data file storage, printing services, and e-mail services.
- Essential backup services of Institutional data.
- Support, maintenance and backup of departmental servers.
- Internet connectivity, including network connectivity on-site at each campus, and
remote Virtual Private Networking (VPN).
- Video teleconferencing services in support of Institutional needs in the areas of
distance learning, telemedicine, and general business activities. This includes management
and technical support on all HSC campuses, for videoconferencing network operations,
equipment maintenance, event scheduling, technical research and development, videoconferencing
facility design, and customer technical support.
But, what this list does not include is what these services mean to the end user.
The TS department is much like the Greek god Atlas – sentenced to holding up the world
– they hold up the network. Without their services, tasks as simple as checking e-mail,
teleconferencing, or looking at an image on a computer would not be possible.