Clinical Shadowing Internship (CSI)
CSI is a program created by Volunteer Services in partnership with the Health Sciences Center's Office of Admissions to facilitate shadowing opportunities for pre-medical students who are pursuing admittance into the Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center School of Medicine.
CSI participants may choose to sign up for shifts in different clinics for a sampling of different disciplines or the same clinic if they already know which specialty they would like to pursue. Participants must show up in person at the beginning of each CSI session in order to sign up for their shifts. A list of available shifts will be posted in the Volunteer Services office (MP 1010A) before each session of CSI begins. Shifts may be chosen on a first-come, first-served basis each session.
- CSI is limited to pre-med juniors, seniors, and graduate students pursuing admittance to TTUHSC School of Medicine.
- Participants must commit to selected shifts totaling 20 hours for an entire session.
- High degree of professionalism is required. Participants will be expected to dress appropriately (business dress) and arrive promptly for their shift. Participants who are not dressed appropriately or have difficulty showing up on time for observing will be immediately removed from the program.
- Due to the high number of applicants, preference will be given to students who have volunteered at TTUHSC for at least 50 hours and are in good standing with Volunteer Services.
Spring Session Application Period: November 1st through December 13th.
Summer Session Application Period: April 1st through May 9th.
Fall Session Application Period: July 1st through August 9th.
After the application period has passed, all applicants will be notified if they were selected to participate in CSI a week to two weeks prior to sign ups.
WANT TO APPLY?
- Submit a complete CSI application with all required documents during the designated application window as listed above under IMPORTANT DATES (*Everyone is required to re-apply for every session in which they would like to participate)
- Complete the clearance process through Volunteer Services by the cut-off date set for each session.