Hossameldin ‘Hossam’ Abdelrahman
Hossameldin ‘Hossam’ Abdelrahman completed his Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science degree in 2009 and his Master of Pharmaceutics in 2016 from Al-Azhar University, Cairo, Egypt. He joined the Graduate Program in Pharmaceutical Sciences as a PhD student in August of 2017, and is presently working in the laboratory of Dr. Fakhrul Ahsan with the Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences.
- MSc: Pharmaceutics, Al-Azhar University, Cairo, Egypt 2016
- BPharm: Al-Azhar University, Cairo, Egypt, 2009
Pulmonary Drug Delivery; 3D printing of different dosage forms; using microfluidic chips to investigate pulmonary diseases and modern treatments.
- Kadry H, Wadnap S, Xu C, Ahsan F. Digital light processing (DLP) 3D-printing technology and photoreactive polymers in fabrication of modified-release tablets. Eur J Pharm Sci. 2019 May 17;135:60-67. [Epub ahead of print]
- Kadry H, Al-Hilal TA, Keshavarz A, Alam F, Xu C, Joy A, Ahsan F. Multi-purposable filaments of HPMC for 3D printing of medications with tailored drug release and timed-absorption. Int J Pharm. 2018 Jun 10;544(1):285-296. Epub 2018 Apr 20.
- Hossam Kadry, Soham Wadnap, Taslim A. Al-Hilal, Changxue Xu, and Fakhrul Ahsan. "On-Demand and Point-of-Care Printing of Tablets for Sustained Drug Delivery and Personalized Dosing". American Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists, PharmSci 360, Washington, D.C.; November 2018.
- Podium Presentation: Hossam Kadry. "The Promise and Pitfalls of Currently Available Feeding Materials for 3D Printing of Pharmaceutical Products". Inside 3D Printing, San Diego, CA; Dec.2017. [Invited Speaker]
- 09/07/2018 "3D Printing of Tablets with Distinct Drug Release and Absorption"
- Graduate Student Association in Amarillo (GSAA) – International Representative, 2018-2019.
- American Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists, 2017-present.
- Graduate Student Association in Amarillo (GSAA), 2017-present.