Faisal Alamri completed his Bachelor in Pharmacy degree from King Saud University, Saudi Arabia, in 2011, and his Master of Science in Pharmacology from Long Island University, Brooklyn, NY, in 2015. He joined the Graduate Program in Pharmaceutical Sciences as a PhD student in Fall of 2015, and is presently working in the laboratory of Dr. Vardan Karamyan with the Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences.
- MS: Pharmacology & Toxicology, Arnold & Marie Schwartz College of Pharmacy, Long Island University, Brooklyn, NY, 2015
- BPharm: King Saud University, Saudi Arabia, 2011
Evaluating the role of neurolysin in stroke by using pharmacological and pathophysiological studies.
- Alamri FF, Shoyaib AA, Biggers A, Jayaraman S, Guindon J. and Karamyan VT. Applicability of the grip strength and automated von Frey tactile sensitivity tests in the mouse photothrombotic model of stroke. Behav Brain Res. 2018 Jan 15;336:250-255. Epub 2017 Sep 8.
- Faisal Alamri, Abdullah Al Shoyaib, Abbie Biggers, Srinidhi Jayaraman, Vardan T. Karamyan. "Von Frey and Forepaw Grip Strength Tests for Assessment of Long-Term Sensorimotor Impairment after Experimental Stroke." Sixteenth Annual Research Days, TTUHSC School of Pharmacy, Amarillo TX; June 2017.
- 12/07/2018 "SNRI (Atomoxetine) and SSRI (Fluoxetine) treatment enhance motor recovery after photothrombotic stroke in mice"
- 09/13/2017 "The Role of Selective D1 or D2 Activation by L-DOPA Treatment in Combination with Exercise on Enhancing Stroke Recovery" [Oral Qualifying Exam public presentation, counted as Seminar credit]
- 03/15/2017 "Establishing Novel Sensorimotor Tests for Long-Term Functional Assessment After Experimental Stroke"
- Graduate Student Association in Amarillo, 2015-present.
- Selected into Pharmaceutical Honor Society, Beta Theta Chapter of the Rho Chi Society, at Long Island University, Brooklyn, NY, March 2015 - present.