Ahmed Alobaida completed his Bachelor degree in Pharmacy from King Saud University, Saudi Arabia in 2008. He joined the Graduate Program in Pharmaceutical Sciences as a PhD student in the summer of 2015, and is presently working in the laboratory of Dr. Fakhrul Ahsan with the Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences.
- BPharm: King Saud University, Saudi Arabia, 2008
Pulmonary Drug Delivery
- Rashid J, Alobaida A, Al-Hilal TA, Hammouda S, McMurtry IF, Nozik-Grayck E, Stenmark KR, Ahsan F. Repurposing rosiglitazone, a PPAR-γ agonist and oral antidiabetic, as an inhaled formulation, for the treatment of PAH. J Control Release. 2018 Jun 28;280:113-123. Epub 2018 Apr 30.
- Ahmed Alobaida, Taslim Al-Hilal, Ahsan Fakhrul. "Long-acting PLGA microparticles of SNAP, a NO donor, for a protracted reduction of pulmonary arterial pressure in PAH". American Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists, Washington, D.C.; November 2018.
- Podium Presentation: Ahmed A. Alobaida. "Inhaled PLGA Particles of Rosiglitazone, oral antidiabetic, and SNAP, Nitric oxide donor as a promising targeted therapy for PAH". The 11th Annual Conference of the Saudi Association for Pulmonary Hyertension (SAPH) 2018, Dubai, UAE; April 2018.
- Ahmed Alobaida, Jahidur Rashid, Taslim Al-Hilal, Fakhrul Ahsan. "Inhaled PLGA Particles of Rosiglitazone as a promising targeted therapy for PAH". American Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists, San Diego, CA; November 2017.
- Podium Presentation: Ahmed Alobaida, Taslim Al-Hilal and Fakhrul Ahsan. "Inhaled S-nitroso-N-acetylpenicillamine (SNAP), a nitric oxide donor, for pulmonary preferential reduction of arterial pressure in PAH." International Society of Aerosols in Medicine (ISAM), Santa Fe, NM; June 2017.
- 11/16/2018 "S-nitroso-N-acetylpenicillamine (SNAP) versus spermine NONOate, two nitric-oxide donors, in the treatment of pulmonary hypertension"
- 10/04/2017 "Inhaled nitric oxide donors (NOD) for the treatment of pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH)" [Oral Qualifying Exam, public presentation, counted as Seminar credit]
- 02/15/2017 "Inhaled S-nitroso-N-acetylpenicillamine (SNAP), a nitric oxide donor, for pulmonary preferential reduction of arterial pressure in PAH"
- Graduate Student Research Award in Pharmacokinetics, Pharmacodynamcs, and Drug Metabolism and Clinical Pharmacology and Translational Research, American Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists, San Diego, CA; November 2017.
- Graduate Student Association in Amarillo – International Student Representative, 2016-2017
- Graduate Student Association in Amarillo, 2015-present.
- American Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists, 2015-present.
- Saudi Pharmaceutics Society, 2007-present.