Ekram Chowdhury completed his Bachelor degree in Pharmacy from the University of Asia Pacific, and his Masters degree in Pharmacy from East West University, Bangladesh, in 2013. He joined the Graduate Program in Pharmaceutical Sciences as a PhD student in the summer of 2015, and is presently working in the laboratory of Dr. Ulrich Bickel with the Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences.
- MPharm: East West University, Bangladesh, 2013
- BPharm: University of Asia Pacific, 2010
Drug delivery systems targeting the blood brain barrier; Pharmacokinetics
- Ekram Ahmed Chowdhury, Faleh Alqahtani, Raktima Bhattacharya, Reza Mehvar, Ulrich Bickel. Simultaneous UPLC–MS/MS analysis of two stable isotope labeled versions of sucrose in mouse plasma and brain samples as markers of blood-brain barrier permeability and brain vascular space. J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci. 2018 Jan 15;1073:19-26. [Epub 2017 Dec 6].
- Miah MK, Chowdhury EA, Bickel U, Mehvar R. Evaluation of [14C] and [13C] Sucrose as Blood-Brain Barrier Permeability Markers. J Pharm Sci. 2017 Jun;106(6):1659-1669. Epub 2017 Feb 24
- Ekram Ahmed Chowdhury, Behnam Noorani, Niznxi Zhao, Faleh Alqahtani, Irene La-Beck, Ulrich Bickel. "Use of Erythrocyte Ghosts as a Versatile Tool in Measuring Drug Permeability and In Vitro Effects of Anesthesia". Seventeenth Annual Research Days, TTUHSC School of Pharmacy, Amarillo, TX; June 2018.
- E. A. Chowdhury, F. Alqahtani, R. Bhattacharya, R. Mehvar, U. Bickel. "Stable Labelled Isotopes of Sucrose as Blood Brain Barrier Permeability Markers: Expanding the Application in Different In Vitro and In Vivo Models." American Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists, San Diego, CA; November 2017.
- Ekram Ahmed Chowdhury, Mohammad K. Miah, Reza Mehvar, Ulrich Bickel. “Validation of LC-MS/MS Method for the Quantification of [13C12] Sucrose for Application in the Measurement of Blood Brain Barrier Permeability in Different Biological Matrices.” Fifteenth Annual Research Days, TTUHSC School of Pharmacy, Amarillo, TX; June 2016.
- 10/04/2017 "Targeted delivery of microRNA-210 mimic and potential synergistic effects in combination with melatonin in ischemic stroke" [Oral Qualifying Exam, public presentation, counted as Seminar credit]
- 11/09/2016 "LC-MS/MS based validation and analysis of three stable isotope labeled sucrose variants in different biological matrices"
- Best Poster Presentation, Senior Graduate Students, Seventeenth Annual Research Days, TTUHSC School of Pharmacy, Amarillo, TX; June 2018.
- Graduate Student Association of Amarillo – Vice-President, 2018-2019.
- Graduate Student Association of Amarillo – Historian, 2017-2018.
- Graduate Student Association of Amarillo, 2015-present.