Bader Ibrahim Huwaimel completed his Bachelor in Pharmacy degree from King Saud University, Saudi Arabia, in 2011. He joined the Graduate Program in Pharmaceutical Sciences as a PhD student in Spring 2016, and is presently working in the laboratory of Dr. Paul Trippier with the Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences.
- BPharm: King Saud University, Saudi Arabia, 2011
Design, Synthesis, and Evaluation of Mitochondrial Complex II Inhibitors for the Treatment of Cancer
- Wang H, Huwaimel B, Verma K, Miller J, Germain TM, Kinarivala N, Pappas D, Brookes PS, Trippier PC. Synthesis and Antineoplastic Evaluation of Mitochondrial Complex II (Succinate Dehydrogenase) Inhibitors Derived from Atpenin A5. ChemMedChem. 2017 May 18. doi: 10.1002/cmdc.201700196. [Epub ahead of print]
- Podium Presentation: Hezhen Wang, Bader Huwaimel, Kshitij Verma, James Miller, Todd Germain, Nihar Kinarivala, Dimitri Pappas, Paul S. Brookes, and Paul C. Trippier. "Design and Synthesis of Mitochondrial Complex II Inhibitors Derived from Atpenin A5 for the Treatment of Cancer". Sixteenth Annual Research Days, TTUHSC School of Pharmacy, Amarillo, TX; June 2017.
- 04/26/2017 "Design and Synthesis of Mitochondrial Complex II Inhibitors for the Treatment of Cancer"
- Best Podium Presenter, Junior Graduate Student, Dept. of Pharmaceutical Sciences, School of Pharmacy Research Days, TTUHSC Amarillo TX; June 2017.
- Graduate Student Association in Amarillo, 2016-present.
- Saudi Pharmaceutics Society, 2010-present.