Rahman, Md. Shafikur
Md. Shafikur Rahman completed his Bachelor of Pharmacy degree from the University of Dhaka, Dhaka, Bangladesh in 2005, and his Master of Pharmacy degree in Pharmaceutical Chemistry from the University of Dhaka, Dhaka, Bangladesh in 2007. In his Master’s research, Shafikur worked on the isolation, chemical characterization and evaluation of the cytotoxic and anti-microbial activity of some compounds from medicinal plants. Before his enrollment into the PhD program here, he served two leading pharmaceutical industries in Bangladesh for about one-and-half years as a product development executive and product executive, respectively. He also worked as a Senior Lecturer in the Department of Pharmacy, Southeast University, Dhaka, Bangladesh from 2007 to 2013, and as a Superintendent of Drugs in the Drug Administration of Bangladesh (DGDA) from 2013 to 2018. He joined the Graduate Program in Pharmaceutical Sciences as a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) student in August of 2018, and is presently working in the laboratory of Dr. Paul Trippier with the Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences.
- MPharm: Pharmaceutical Chemistry, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh, 2007
- BPharm: Pharmacy, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh, 2005
Natural Product Chemistry; Drug Discovery
Before Admission to GPPS:
- Md. Shafikur Rahman, Naznin Nahar Moly and Md. Jahid Hossen. Antimicrobial, cytotoxic and antioxidant activity of the exudate of Calotropis gigantea. Int J Pharm Sci Res. 2013SS;4(2):745-753.
- Md. Shafikur Rahman, Salma Sultana. Antimicrobial, antioxidant and cytotoxic effect of the bark of Terminalia arjuna. Int J Pharm Sci & Res, 2011;3(1):130-137.
- M Shafikur Rahman, KM Shams-Ud-Doha, Roksana Rahman. Antidiarrhoeal activity of the leaf and fruit extract of Dillenia indica. Int J Biosci, 2011;1(6):39-46.
- S Rahman, MM Akbor,A Howlader A Jabbar. Antimicrobial and cytotoxic activity of the alkaloids of Amlaki (Emblica officinalis). Pak J Biosci, 2009;12(16):1152-1155.
- Md. Shafikur Rahman, A. Jabbar, C.M. Hasan. Two polyphenolic compounds from Amlaki (Emblica officinalis) of Bangladesh. Southeast Univ J Sci & Eng, 2009;4(4):23-26.
- Md. Shafikur Rahman, A. Jabbar. Antimicrobial and cytotoxic activity of the leaf of Patharkuchi (Kalanka pinnata). Southeast Univ J Sci & Eng, 2008;2(2):121-126.
Before Admission to GPPS:
- Provost Merit Award, Ekushey Hall, University of Dhaka, Dhaka, Bangladesh, 2005.
- Merit Scholarship, Ministry of Education, Government of Bangladesh, 1999.
- Graduate Student Association in Amarillo (GSAA), 2018-present