Welcome from the Chair
The Department of Pharmacy Practice at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center
is the largest and most diverse of the four departments at the School of Pharmacy
(SOP). With 65 faculty located in four Texas communities, our faculty are recognized
state and national leaders who represent a broad array of expertise in clinical practice,
research and education.
Department faculty are organized into six divisions:
- Ambulatory Care (Division Head: Brian, Irons, Pharm.D., FCCP, BCACP, BC-ADM)
- Adult Medicine (Division Head: Krystal Haase, Pharm.D., FCCP, BCPS)
- Clinical Translational Research (Division Head and Sr. Associate Dean of Clinical/Translational
Research: Richard Leff, Pharm.D., FCCP)
- Geriatrics (Division Head: Amie Blaszczyk, Pharm.D., FASHP, CGP, BCPS)
- Pediatrics (Division Head: Mark Haase, Pharm.D., FCCP, BCPS)
- Practice Management (Division Head: Joel Epps, MBA)
The department is also home to two critical SOP offices:
- Office of Experiential Education, lead by Vice-Chair of Experiential Education, Craig
Cox, Pharm.D., BCPS, FCCP. The Experiential Education Office is nationally recognized
as an innovative leader in preceptor education Please visit our Experiential Education Office website for more information.
- Office of Residency Programs, lead by Vice-Chair of Residencies, Steven Pass, Pharm.D.,
BCPS, FCCP. The TTUHSC SOP residency program is one of the largest in nation with
28 accredited residencies across four campuses. Please visit our residency website for more information.
I invite you to peruse our website and connect with our faculty. I also invite you
to consider the various positions open in our department and contemplate joining our
Eric J. MacLaughlin, Pharm.D.
Professor and Chair
Department of Pharmacy Practice