School of Pharmacy Programs
How to Become a Pharmacist
There are multiple paths available for those who are seeking a career within the field of pharmacy. The accomplished professionals who lead these programs guide our students through the invaluable lessons required to spearhead this ever-changing community. Our courses prepare students with experiences that lead to adaptability in their careers, allowing them to stay current with the latest advances in the field.
Here at TTUHSC, we provide a myriad of options for those seeking a degree to become a pharmacist. In addition to our distinguished Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.) program, we also offer the Pharm.D./MBA dual-degree program, M.S. and Ph.D. programs in pharmaceutical sciences and biotechnology, a graduate pharmacy residency program and a host of continuing education options.
Graduate Degree Programs
- Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD)
- Our four-year professional degree program supplies individuals with all the knowledge and skills involved in drug distribution and control, practice management, and direct patient skills. With learning opportunities in classes, laboratories, and in clinical experiences, TTUHSC takes considerable advantage of community pharmacies, clinics, hospitals and nursing homes, allowing a full range of training for each student.
- Doctor of Pharmacy/Master of Business Administration (PharmD/MBA)
- This unique dual-degree program offers the ability to obtain all the invaluable knowledge of both an MBA degree and a degree in pharmaceutical sciences.Designed to develop the strongest possible leaders in the health care profession, the PharmD/MBA program prepares pharmacy students to meet the increasing challenges of an evolving health care industry.
- Graduate Program in Pharmaceutical Sciences (GPPS)
- For those seeking a graduate degree to become a pharmacist, this program aims to provide world class biomedical and pharmaceutical research, granting students innovative, scholarly training and education of the highest caliber. With the training we offer, individuals can accomplish a future that benefits the community at large.
- Residency Programs
- TTUHSC is dedicated to supplying those seeking an outstanding post-graduate residency training experience with involvement in clinical practice as well as teaching, basic clinical research, and professional activities. This program emphasizes the development of pharmacy practice skills to improve patient care and develop the highest quality of leadership and management skills.
- Continuing Education
- This exciting program aims to serve the educational needs of practicing pharmacists and pharmacy technicians nationwide in this constantly developing field.Through knowledge, application, and practice-based programs, students within this program will challenge students with superior educational learning experiences, while ensuring the delivery of optimal patient care.
- Experiential Programs
- Our innovative pharmacy practice education program involves two year-long longitudinal courses and two years of rotation experiences that prepare students with the unique capabilities to deliver pharmaceutical care within a wide range of community pharmacies and supply diversified services to those communities.
TTUHSC is scaling up, out and around the world. We've grown from one school of medicine to a multi discipline university with campuses across West Texas. With your support, we're preparing to meet the ever changing health care needs of a global population.